Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
Just want to know if it would be possible to create a Plex Client Homebrew for 3ds.

What is Plex exactly?
It's a streaming application that allows you to run a server on a computer and create library on it with your own files.
Application can be downloaded on many devices, Roku, Playstation, Xbox, Android and many more.
It streams files you have seklected on your computer to other devices.

Last edited by Noctosphere,

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are people have a device that is Plex compatible that has official support already. In the early days of the Wii U I definitely remember using the web client and the gamepad to watch some streams in my bedroom. These days Plex is being installed on every Samsung TV as a factory default. Just don't think the demand is there to have it on Wii U. Like the idea though.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
actually, it is possible only if you have an outdated plex server. on updated server, it's not possible

If somebody wanted, I'm sure they could write their own plex web ui which fit their 3ds/n3ds browser. I'm pretty sure plex has a solid community which made an unofficial api listing, not sure how complete it is though. So it wouldn't even require a modded 3ds, just some good old elbow grease and time

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are people have a device that is Plex compatible that has official support already. In the early days of the Wii U I definitely remember using the web client and the gamepad to watch some streams in my bedroom. These days Plex is being installed on every Samsung TV as a factory default. Just don't think the demand is there to have it on Wii U. Like the idea though.

EDIT: My apologies, got the Wii U on my mind. But I think what I said still applies.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT: My apologies, got the Wii U on my mind. But I think what I said still applies.
I think he just wants it to stream 3D movies directly to his 3DS without having to use an older version of plex media server, or maybe he has literally no other portable device and wants to watch his movies in bed? I've no idea.

in either case I recommend getting a TV wall mounted on a movable bracket on your wall over your bed, if you want 3D, best make it a 3D tv too, the 3DS screen is tiny. It's not something I'd recommend watching movies on anyway, the experience would be just awful.

D

Deleted User

that would be pretty useful
but ive never heard of plex ive always just used hfs for that stuff
but the psvita has a similar thing planned
vitashell has ad-hoc transfer planned for a future version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol