Hacking Plesse help me SSBB (error code 001)

TurpS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi details of rig

Japanese wii,
latest firmware
wii key latest stuff ( 1.9g)

Am trying to run the 7.2 gig version of SSBB. Burn went fine.
Installed the update. Which should be no problem seeing as the wii is Japanese
Disc channel loads the disc
http://turps.nastyhobbit.org/Temp/so-close-so%20far.jpg as seen here

however when I click start I get this error

http://turps.nastyhobbit.org/Temp/erorr-code.jpg

Translates as
"Error code 001 Unknown device found"

Is this the wii key? I was under the impression it could not be found

Anyone with more info or am I soundly boned?

Heads up bought the real deal game on the day it came out (live in Japan) however the disc can't be read

Do I have to wait for an update from wii key team?

Any information is greatly appreciated

***** UPDATE

If i put the 1.9G patch on again and then reboot with brawl it loads but shortaly after I create a save file I get a disc read error (could need a higher quality disc)
however when I reboot I get the error code 001 again. I have to repatch to 1.9G again to get it to load ( I assume)
Any ideas?

***** UPDATE 2
Just tried to do this again, and I get error code 001 again, have no idea how I got it to run that one time

TurpS

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, yeah, right.

Hmm... how about starting a DVD5-backup (which should not produce the #001 error, as it's probably media-related) and then swapping with either the original or the DVD9 backup? Would that work?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Did you back up to a DVD-R DL, or DVD+R DL?

some DVD-R DL's don't work properly on the Wii, and some media is bad, such as Verbatim dvd's made in india. Also, the DVD burner might not be too good.

Firstly try different media (I used TDK DVD+R DL) and maybe a different burner, like at a friends place or something. If this doesn't work, then it might be a problem with the Wiikey, or possible corrupt image file.

TurpS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone

Yes I to have come to the conclusion that the problem is media related. The fact that it managed to load once indicates that there is nothing wrong with chip or image.

I did in fact use a TDK - R DL disc. So I am going to pick up a couple of different brands of DL + discs this afternoon and try again after work.

Fail that I can use the swap method with the DVD5 rip. However I suspect this is not needed as the problem is image related.

My burner is a little over a year old, so I suspect it should be fine.

All help and suggestions were greatly appreciated.
I am going to look for verbertium discs made in Singapore

Sony discs are also of very high quality, or so I have read.

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
and some media is bad, such as Verbatim dvd's made in india.

Then why does my DVD+R DL Verbatim India works flawless?
That does not mean it will work for everyone, you can have a good burner, or a wii with a more powerful laser than the average (mine was so crappy I had to play with the pot, otherwise my Wii didn't even try to read DVD+R DL, they didn't even spin before being rejected...)

TurpS, I can only advice you not to buy Verbatim DL, even with the singapore ones some people have troubles, I tried to burn it with two different burners and I got the same crash as some other people who had Verbatim too.
But with a Memorex, it works perfectly.
Even if it do work on Verbatim DVD+R DL for some people, you should not take the risk and just buy another brand.

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
As because you are in japan, buy Taiyo Yuden. It may be a little expensive, but it's high quality (Damn high quality, it's made in japan), and It sure gives results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: