Please!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by StoianAlexander, Dec 17, 2011.

Dec 17, 2011

Please! by StoianAlexander at 8:30 PM (462 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. StoianAlexander
    OP

Newcomer StoianAlexander Newbie

Hi everyone.i recently softmoded my 4.3e wii with letterbomb.now i burn a game with imgburn on a verbatim dvd-r with 2,4x speed.i insert the dvd in wii,and launch neogamma.i press a on launch dvd and i receive:"dvd err(1208),disc id - drive date... - most likely no dvd-r`s possible".what to do? :((

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Did you install a cIOS? Is your disc drive old enough to play disc backups?

3. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    first actually read the error
    than use usb instead

and use a better thread name next time

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    In the latest NeoGamma the text is changed, it's not most likely, it's 99.9% sure. I got 1 report saying otherwise, but it wasn't really trustworthy.

Also, can somebody explain to me why this burn slow tale is still being told? 2.4x is not even a valid DVD-R burn speed, which means it's guaranteed to create bad burns this way. On DVD+Rs it would be fine ... if it wasn't too slow for recent media.

With the latest NeoGamma, it would identify if no cIOS is installed. The error message would be "DVD-R + no cIOS?". But this is not the latest NeoGamma version....

5. StoianAlexander
    OP

Newcomer StoianAlexander Newbie

It`s neogamma r9 beta 47

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    This isn't a chatroom, dude. Please take your time to read all that's asked and reply with full sentences. In fact, you could try doing some research before making threads like this.

Wiis that can read backup disks become rather rare. The new ones (and "new" is anything after mid 2008...so all the non-white wiis and all the ones with 4.3 preinstalled count as such) cannot read backup disks, no matter what*.

It doesn't even matter that much because USB drives are plain all-round better in all regards. Do some searching around on this forum, decide that modmii is the way to go, and use that to softmod your wii properly.

The latest neogamma is beta 53 at moment of writing, but once again: it won't be able to overwrite the physical features of your wii's DVD-drive.

*okay, unless you change the physical drive. But that's an exception