Hacking Please stop using RXTools

Status
Not open for further replies.

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm from the depths of RxTools O3DS tutorial.
Days ago, I changed to Luma3DS. But it's giving me incomplete boots such as Decrypt9, Emunand9... Those apps are very IMPORTANT and it doesn't work for me since I changed only a boot file for getting in Luma3DS.
Only flashes red on the bottom screen one time and goes back to the homebrew menu.

Like I said, I only replaced the boot file and updated using LumaUpdater CIA. Even with all that, I feel incomplete. Is like being in rXTools as a ghost and Luma3DS at the same time.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Days ago, I changed to Luma3DS. But it's giving me incomplete boots such as Decrypt9, Emunand9... Those apps are very IMPORTANT and it doesn't work for me since I changed only a boot file for getting in Luma3DS.
Only flashes red on the bottom screen one time and goes back to the homebrew menu.

Like I said, I only replaced the boot file and updated using LumaUpdater CIA. Even with all that, I feel incomplete. Is like being in rXTools as a ghost and Luma3DS at the same time.
if you're using a9lh, you should run Decrypt9 from a9lh, not homebrew launcher. if not, run them from sysnand.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

If you are running A9LH, then don't launch Decrypt9, emuNAND9, ect. from Homebrew menu. They will not work because they won't work through homebrew menu, unless you are running on 9.2/9.0. Which is why you need to launch them from A9LH instead.

Reactions: KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
if you're using a9lh, you should run Decrypt9 from a9lh, not homebrew launcher. if not, run them from sysnand.
That's another problem!
When I select "Autoboot to SysNAND" it gives me a black screen. I used to have also access to SysNAND before Luma3DS!
sigh.. so should I get A9LH to get rid of this little problems?

It gives me quite the fear to actually pass all that creepy process...

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's another problem!
When I select "Autoboot to SysNAND" it gives me a black screen. I used to have also access to SysNAND before Luma3DS!
sigh.. so should I get A9LH to get rid of this little problems?
If you are not running A9LH now, then don't boot Luma into sysNAND! That is how you end up fucking up your system.
Just install A9LH, it's worth it.
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

Reactions: KytuzuEX

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Does the Digital copy work on RXTools? I haven't seen any threads about this, yet.
If the cart cannot be booted by rxTools, then it should be safe to say that eshop version won't be able to either.
Ok!

I think now I have enough confidence to do this journey of risks. :)
There's no risks, only gains.
The most terrifying part of a9lh is downgrading to 9.2 which you won't need to do. the CTRNand part is way less risky than downgrading.
If you read every precaution and do every steps exactly as the guide says, you should be fine.

Last edited by hyprskllz,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Sun and Moon on 9.2 by faking your cfw version so I will work without problem on RxTools lol
sure, if you desperately want to stay on outdated tools, go ahead. future game updates will most likely break it though, as we've seen with the recent acnl update.

KytuzuEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Before I continue, am I allowed to break menuhax in order to be SysNAND completely and be able to do this A9LH guide?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I continue, am I allowed to break menuhax in order to be SysNAND completely and be able to do this A9LH guide?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. you don't need to "break" anything to begin setting up arm9loaderhax.

KytuzuEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. you don't need to "break" anything to begin setting up arm9loaderhax.
Well, since... the guide clearly says that the process is entirely for SysNAND and I can't access to SysNAND even if I put "Autoboot to SysNAND" so the only method is to start from zero partially... starting to delete menuhax so I can use the 9.2.0-20U browser.

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since... the guide clearly says that the process is entirely for SysNAND and I can't access to SysNAND even if I put "Autoboot to SysNAND" so the only method is to start from zero partially... starting to delete menuhax so I can use the 9.2.0-0U browser.
just don't go to Luma3DS at boot and go straight to Decrypt9?

try replacing boot.3dsx at the root with the one from the starter pack (https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx). then you can use normal sysnand and therefore continue with Decrypt9 through Homebrew Launcher.

KytuzuEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can use Sun and Moon on 9.2 by faking your cfw version so I will work without problem on RxTools lol
Are you always just going to be here to defend RXTools? Because I am just going to flat tell you that you are wrong. I don't care if it's possible or not, you are just wrong for continuing this annoying pursuit on defending RXTools. Enough is enough, RXTools is dead, it's not supported and now you are loosing game support for it.
I have been kind to you, but this is getting silly. If you have to jump through hoops to get a game to work, it's not worth it anymore. You can clearly see it's working on several other projects, there's no reason to jump through hoops. You are just making things harder for you and sooner or later it's going to bite you in the ass.

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you always just going to be here to defend RXTools? Because I am just going to flat tell you that you are wrong. I don't care if it's possible or not, you are just wrong for continuing this annoying pursuit on defending RXTools. Enough is enough, RXTools is dead, it's not supported and now you are loosing game support for it.
I have been kind to you, but this is getting silly. If you have to jump through hoops to get a game to work, it's not worth it anymore. You can clearly see it's working on several other projects, there's no reason to jump through hoops. You are just making things harder for you and sooner or later it's going to bite you in the ass.

Why the hate? If everything is working for him, I don't see why he shouldn't use it. This is a personnal choice and I'm sure newcomers in CFW got the memo from the first post anyway.

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why the hate? If everything is working for him, I don't see why he shouldn't use it. This is a personnal choice and I'm sure newcomers in CFW got the memo from the first post anyway.
It's not what he's running, it's the fact that all of his posts on this thread have just been him trying to convince others to using it. I am trying to help progress the community forward by trying to push out the old and bring in the new, as well start future proofing the community. With RXTools loosing more support for future games, it's time people start upgrading. Then he comes along and keeps trying to convince people that they should stay with RXTools, he's actively hindering the community.
I don't care that he runs RXTools, but I do care that he's trying to convince others to keep using using RXTools

Last edited by The Catboy,

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I got the retail original legit blah pokemon moon and I try loading it with gateway 9.2 and it says the cartridge is removed when I run it... I have been able to play other Japanese games also retail (since I use a US 3ds).

Is this related to all this? Or if I simply wait for the next gateway update it will probably get fixed? Thanks

Ps: yes I have the latest emunand and gateway version

Last edited by WildArms,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la