Please insert disk

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by BenRK, Sep 25, 2011.

Sep 25, 2011

Please insert disk by BenRK at 11:35 PM (1,050 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. BenRK
    OP

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok, I believe I successfully modded my PS2. It says Free McBoot v1.8 on the main menu of the PS2, I have more options then I did before (launch disk, reload confic, free config), but for some reason, I just can't get it to boot from a burnt backup of 007. I keep getting that red screen telling me to put in a disk. Any help with this one?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Read a proper guide, Free McBoot doesn't boot backups. It allows you to boot homebrew software, although most of the time it's packaged with ESR. ESR is a homebrew program that allows to boot patched backups. Get ESR and launch it via Free McBoot, it's simple as that.

And if you try to boot such a disc via the ps2 browser, it should identify it as video dvd. If it doesn't, it's either not patched, or your ps2 can't read the disc at all.

3. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Ok, how do I instal new stuff? I can no longer gain access to my flashdrive I believe.

4. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    If you installed the Noobie package you should see ESR in your FMCB Menu. Boot the games from there.

Though if PS2 can't read the game it's either a bad burn, crappy media or bad laser on the PS2.

5. BenRK
    OP

United States
    I don't see ESR in the menu.

6. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Why can't you access your flashdrive exactly?

7. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Well, what I meant was I can't get it to talk to my flash drive outside of the configurator. Can't instal stuff from it.

8. Magmorph

Member Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You still have access to your flash drive. Try putting /BOOT/ESR.ELF on it and starting your ps2 with your flash drive plugged in.

9. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Ok, now it's showing that stuff on the menu.

Ok, NOW! How do I get it to stop automatically starting to the disk? If I have a backup in, I don't want it to go to that stupid "insert disk" screen every time I turn on my PS2. I don't mind going to the boot disk stuff when I want to play.

Also, can I get these files onto my memory card? I also don't want my flash drive in my PS2 all the time. I have a spare memory card, so I'm not worried about space.

10. Magmorph

Member Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You need to use the ESR patcher and reburn your game in order for it to boot. It should load ESR automatically after you do that.

11. BenRK
    OP

United States
    That's not quite what I was asking, but thanks for telling me anyway.

12. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Ok, now every option but the configurator, browser, and system config resets my PS2...

13. BenRK
    OP

United States
    *sigh* Ok, now things look like how they should. Still don't know how to stop it from automatically booting to the disk, but that can come later. At least now I've got it working all of the memory card...

Had to do a complete reinstall of it. Then I installed everything I could, and now things are starting up correctly...

Nevermind, got everything figured out for the most party. Thanks... I think.