Hacking Please I need some assistance

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I received my wiinja yesterday and after I was done installing everytime I put an original or backup game in the wii it says "An error has occurred..." I then rechecked everything and then the drive stopped working for a while then it came back to just doing the same thing. Then I took the wiinja out and when I put a disc in, the wii would spin a lot making loud noises then it just went to an error. I resoldered the wiinja again and now the dvd drive keeps ejecting and inserting the disc whenever its one in it. Heres pics of my installation.
dscf0013gu6.th.jpg

dscf0014ss9.th.jpg

dscf0012nr5.th.jpg

Also I found something loose while I was working,
dscf0021jz9.jpg

Does anyone knows where its supposed to go? Please I need some help because this is weird I was very careful soldering and Im sure I soldered it correctly.

Dinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should put clickable thumbs. I can't look at your botched solder job. If I was to guess I'd say you probably bridged a contact since it does not work with or without the chip.

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should put clickable thumbs. I can't look at your botched solder job. If I was to guess I'd say you probably bridged a contact since it does not work with or without the chip.
Yea I probably did. I just bought some desoldering braid and a oxidation cleaner for my soldering iron so I can make sure I do everything correctly.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
By the looks of that first picture, I think he shorted at least 4 wires with a huge blob of solder. My advice? Try and remove the solder (by non-violent means, don't try to melt it off, scrape it off with a screwdriver, cut it off, etc.), see if the console works, and then find someone who knows what he's doing, and have him/her do it for you.

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My buddy installed a Cyclowiz, and it would never fully pull the disc in the tray. Turns out he overtightened the DVD-ROM screws.

But from viewing even the thumbnail, it does look like a solder bridge. Remove it, and hope it did not cause permanent damage!

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: nevermind, i got beaten to the punch for full size images cause i waited forever before hitting add reply... haha.

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well thanks for the replies but I got this fixed. Apparently there was this screw loose in the wii and I got it out by shaking it and it fell out. Then I cleaned up the wii of any solder with desoldering braid and made sure it was clean and tried it and the original games worked again. I then resoldered the wiinja and tried it and it works flawlessly. Thanks.

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

amrod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oddly when i was modding my gamecube years... i knock'd A CHIP off the mobo when i was pulling the heatsink. Dunno wtf that chip did but my GC has been workin for years without it heh, so no need to worry bout extra parts
wink.gif

DEF-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oddly when i was modding my gamecube years... i knock'd A CHIP off the mobo when i was pulling the heatsink. Dunno wtf that chip did but my GC has been workin for years without it heh, so no need to worry bout extra parts
wink.gif

LOL, now you're lucky that it still works. Pretty fun story.
laugh.gif

Anyway I enjoy seeing people break their consoles when they try to install a modchip. Why you may ask? Because in my opinion you should never try if you arent 100% sure what you are doing, especially with a $250 console. Probally just my bad humour or that i'm just evil
tongue.gif

Anyway I do recommend you taking your console to someone who knows what their doing, maybe a friend who knows how to solder. A professional installer doesnt really charge that much for modding a Wii anyway, just my recommendations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents