Please I need some assistance

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by coolbgdog, Mar 3, 2007.

Mar 3, 2007
  1. coolbgdog
    OP

Newcomer coolbgdog Advanced Member

I received my wiinja yesterday and after I was done installing everytime I put an original or backup game in the wii it says "An error has occurred..." I then rechecked everything and then the drive stopped working for a while then it came back to just doing the same thing. Then I took the wiinja out and when I put a disc in, the wii would spin a lot making loud noises then it just went to an error. I resoldered the wiinja again and now the dvd drive keeps ejecting and inserting the disc whenever its one in it. Heres pics of my installation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I found something loose while I was working,
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone knows where its supposed to go? Please I need some help because this is weird I was very careful soldering and Im sure I soldered it correctly.

2. pipesfranco

Member pipesfranco GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Can we have a thread called !I dont know where this bit goes!!!!!!"

That is hilarious!!!

I think it went to my Millenium Falcon from the eighties!

3. coolbgdog
    OP

Im sorry but ???

4. pipesfranco

Member pipesfranco GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    yeah i apologise....just my poor humour

5. Dinzy

Newcomer Dinzy Member

United States
    You should put clickable thumbs. I can't look at your botched solder job. If I was to guess I'd say you probably bridged a contact since it does not work with or without the chip.

6. coolbgdog
    OP

Yea I probably did. I just bought some desoldering braid and a oxidation cleaner for my soldering iron so I can make sure I do everything correctly.

7. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    By the looks of that first picture, I think he shorted at least 4 wires with a huge blob of solder. My advice? Try and remove the solder (by non-violent means, don't try to melt it off, scrape it off with a screwdriver, cut it off, etc.), see if the console works, and then find someone who knows what he's doing, and have him/her do it for you.

8. Perplexer

Member Perplexer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My buddy installed a Cyclowiz, and it would never fully pull the disc in the tray. Turns out he overtightened the DVD-ROM screws.

But from viewing even the thumbnail, it does look like a solder bridge. Remove it, and hope it did not cause permanent damage!

9. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  10. kai445

Member kai445 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    edit: nevermind, i got beaten to the punch for full size images cause i waited forever before hitting add reply... haha.

11. coolbgdog
    OP

Well thanks for the replies but I got this fixed. Apparently there was this screw loose in the wii and I got it out by shaking it and it fell out. Then I cleaned up the wii of any solder with desoldering braid and made sure it was clean and tried it and the original games worked again. I then resoldered the wiinja and tried it and it works flawlessly. Thanks.

12. ModderFokker

Newcomer ModderFokker Advanced Member

Netherlands
    And where did that loose part go [​IMG]

13. modshroom128

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    to heaven... where all loose nintendo wii parts go.

(rest in peace my white sticky pads under the wii that hide the screws :'( )

14. coolbgdog
    OP

[​IMG] I have no idea that white piece is just somewhere in a special place. Hope it doesn't hunt for me in the end. [​IMG] Everytime I open something up I end up loosing a screw or two and having a screw in the wrong spot.

15. amrod

Member amrod GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    oddly when i was modding my gamecube years... i knock'd A CHIP off the mobo when i was pulling the heatsink. Dunno wtf that chip did but my GC has been workin for years without it heh, so no need to worry bout extra parts [​IMG]

16. pokerrey05

Newcomer pokerrey05 Member

United States
    Glad you fix it. I had my wiinja soldered to the actual chippoints and it works flawlessly

17. DEF-

Member DEF- GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    LOL, now you're lucky that it still works. Pretty fun story. [​IMG]

Anyway I enjoy seeing people break their consoles when they try to install a modchip. Why you may ask? Because in my opinion you should never try if you arent 100% sure what you are doing, especially with a $250 console. Probally just my bad humour or that i'm just evil [​IMG]

Anyway I do recommend you taking your console to someone who knows what their doing, maybe a friend who knows how to solder. A professional installer doesnt really charge that much for modding a Wii anyway, just my recommendations.