Please help with my sociology project

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im due to write a project on how people percieve society now, I would be very greatful if you could give me your opinion on society.

I would need your age of location added onto the end of whatever you write so I can incorporate it into my studies.

What i'm kinda looking for is whats written below (which is my opinion)

"I believe that society as a whole is declining due to popularising idiocracy in general population. The rise of shows like "The only way is essex" and "Jersey Shore" is giving young people the impression that being for lack of a better word stupid, is something that should be idolised, giving young people the impression that the easiest way to become rich and successful in modern civilisation is to disregard education. Many children have turned to fantasies as a form of supporting themself in the future, acting, sports or just being genreally a fool infront of cameras.
This is potentially due to the fact that for example a professional footballer will earn more in a week then a brain surgeon will earn in 3 months, although obviously the latter takes alot more skill and training to achieve, for lack of education and failed dreams in society many are turning to a life of crime, which is, in my belief why society is suffering a certain amount of degradation recently.

Anyway that a little extraxt of what im looking for, obviously you don't have to write that much a brief paragraph or 2 will surfice, but it would be very much appreciated as it will help me compile a report based on age and location of a varied amount of people.

Thanks guys

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I believe society is becoming more reactionary and irrational towards the issues in society. There seems to be a need to demonize certain groups from pure malice and narrow mindedness, with no effort being made to look at the bigger picture to understand why society is as it is. I believe media in particular The Sun and Daily Mail are reflective of this. Both really give off a hostile and ignorant ideology towards certain sectors of society with a number of its readers seemingly accepting this as fact. Such as the constant attention towards crime, immigration for example where isolated cases are hyperbole to be the norm.

I also believe the constant individualism and desire to marketing anything and everything in society since Thatcherism, has created what I would call a innate selfish judgmental philosophy in society. Where we place a greater emphasis on condemning than understanding.

And lastly patriotism is fucking moronic especially in relation to Empire and soldiers.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that was the most serious post I've ever seen out of you, emigre. :D

Age - 20

Location - Toms River, New Jersey, USA

Not knowing many other regions than my own, I feel that the majority, especially my generation and the next, are suffering a major societal decline and turned all social gatherings into a "Me too" activity, where if you haven't done something the rest of your crowd has, you're not part of that crowd. Current generations have come to focus much more heavily on alcohol, drugs, and sex as a primary means of recreation than previous ones. Making a fool of yourself is alright now, possibly to the point of international fame, as long as other people find it funny, as is the case with shows like Jersey Shore.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I believe society is pretty on a never ending loop. Looking back at history we are just repeating the same events with different people each time. If you look back only about 50 or 60 years Rock n' Roll was the death of society as a whole and was big thing. Looking into modern day times, we only replaced it with another style of music, which is currently the death of society. What I am trying to say is, society has gone no where forward nor backwards, in my option it's the same events over and over again. The perception of a society's state is held by the previous generations judging the new and unknown generation, which means not all is understood. This makes it seem like it's a new trend and it's the start of the end of society, when in reality it's just a repeat of the past.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forewarning: I more and likely going to jump around.

Based on what I see around me, society puts everyone into groups may it be good or bad. The sad thing is though is that it based somewhat on the color of your skin but mainly on your likes, personality, and your religion. Also people calls you "black" or "white" based on how you act. For example, I'm called "the whitest black person" because I don't "act" like a black person. People also put you lower on the "popular scale" if you don't like certain shows (unfortunately shows like Jersey Shore). In the end, if you not part of a trend, you are an outcast.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see society, ultimately, as a great force of cohesion for mankind. Sure, there are the less than savory elements; bigotry and ignorance persist, for example, and will likely never truly disappear. It's easy to criticize, but to solely focus on the negative aspects is to look past the positive. Without society, for example, would man have ever been capable of spreading across the globe? Of walking on the moon? Plus, with the advent of new technologies (especially the internet), knowledge and understanding are more widespread than ever before. When you put everything into perspective, things are good; of course there is room for us to make it a whole lot better, but I think we'll get there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: