Homebrew [PLEASE HELP] Wii u bricked!

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, don't tell me that Wii U section is going to be overflowed with degenerates.
I myself just did most of my shit myself and I'm not naming anyone here Mr. Know everything.
Well okay then, if you did it all yourself, why write your own "guide"? Why do you even care?

Reactions: coolfuze
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Let's just calm down take a step back, and take a look at the big picture here...
  1. Guides are a neccesity. New people will come, and unless we want to run a 24/7 helpdesk they will need some kind of reference to get them through the setup phases.
  2. Different guides are of different value to different people. While some are objectively of differing quality, the ones that hit it mainstream are usually about the same in that regard, meaning that differences being good or bad is a subjective thing in those cases.
  3. Since differences are subjective, we can't blame anyone for finding a particular guide to be "better" than another. Someone may want to have it just work without making any decisions that they're uninformed on. Someone else may want more options. A third may go it alone and avoid using a guide altogether. What does it matter which one they go with?
  4. The elephant in the room are guides that leave the user at risk of a brick. The thing is, it's usually pretty easy to resolve these cases in a constructive way. Maybe take it up with the author?
... I had another point here. I totally didn't forget it...

Anyway, please calm down and step back guys. Tearing each other apart over things like this isn't helping anyone.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
@Felek666 I'm just wondering I decided to dump my NAND but I already have CBHC Installed, can I dump my NAND with CBHC installed or should I uninstall CBHC first then dump my nand, logic tells me uninstall CBHC first but I just want to double check before proceeding.

[NVM] I just uninstalled CBHC to be safe, reinstalled haxchi so just have that.

Last edited by coolfuze, , Reason: Just proceeded
D

Deleted User

@Felek666 I'm just wondering I decided to dump my NAND but I already have CBHC Installed, can I dump my NAND with CBHC installed or should I uninstall CBHC first then dump my nand, logic tells me uninstall CBHC first but I just want to double check before proceeding.

[NVM] I just uninstalled CBHC to be safe, reinstalled haxchi so just have that.
You should keep it and now you have even higher brick risk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think this underestimates people. Hacking the wiiubru isn't hard at all. Finding the right place to start can be a pain .
I smell a typo.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a guide has a warning on getting bricked don't do it! until you have the things to prevent it other than that go haywire, now that i think about it that's probably not a good answer,
i think the best guides come from gbatemp
Follow the entire fucking guide and you won't have to worry about bricking. It states to ONLY USE LEGIT DS VC TITLES!!! And to also TEST HAXCHI BEFORE INSTALLING CBHC!!! Damned kids these days. They're gonna go around bricking all of our Switches too. :sleep:

D

Deleted User

Follow the entire fucking guide and you won't have to worry about bricking. It states to ONLY USE LEGIT DS VC TITLES!!! And to also TEST HAXCHI BEFORE INSTALLING CBHC!!! Damned kids these days. They're gonna go around bricking all of our Switches too. :sleep:
Can't wait for first brick thread in upcoming 6 years "Help, my Switch isn't booting!"

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...This is why I don't use Cold Boot Haxchi. It takes less than a minute to load up SysNAND and click Haxchi.

I know CBHC is safe if you do it right, but I've read about too many people bricking their Wii Us by doing it wrong.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
You should keep it and now you have even higher brick risk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I smell a typo.

I dumped my NAND and successfully reinstalled CBHC so just out of curiosity where is the higher brick risk coming from? Has anyone actually bricked their WiiU reinstalling it later?

D

Deleted User

I dumped my NAND and successfully reinstalled CBHC so just out of curiosity where is the higher brick risk coming from? Has anyone actually bricked their WiiU reinstalling it later?
Nah, if you just keep reinstalling it over and over again, you're just asking for a brick.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And i'm tired of this Plaitect bombers attacking this thread .-.
People with a different opinion than yours are just as entitled to share theirs too. You keep trashtalking that guide creator everywhere i look, why wouldn't others be allowed to say they think it is good?

D

Deleted User

People with a different opinion than yours are just as entitled to share theirs too. You keep trashtalking that guide creator everywhere i look, why wouldn't others be allowed to say they think it is good?
If they want to follow bad, uninformed guides, then they should already do it but if you don't know wtf NAND is then there's something wrong with you.

Reactions: bennyman123abc

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Only difference I've seen between your guide and his guide is he has a better url, so I don't get all the hate either, btw in section 8 of your wiiubru dumping guide you mention eeprom at the top but you dont mention if one should bother keeping it on or off, I assumed on from past experience but some people might need to be told everything goes on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu