Homebrew [PLEASE HELP] Wii u bricked!

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd honestly like to see a breakdown of how many wiiu's got bricked while the person was using wiiu.guide vs flimflam vs others cause i personally think much less if any were bricked using wiiu.guide, i mean yes it is more complicated instead of downloading one zip you have to download many and that would chase away noobs to using it.

In that regard wiiu.guide is a better guide. Also one user has spoken about wiiu.guide being outdated yet he/she can't specify why they think it's outdated. Reminds me of that woman who says Alex Jones should be killed but when the guy asks her what he has said that makes her think he should be killed she can't give him a straight answer she just says he brainwashes people. Not what he asked but okay, lol.

Reactions: Aglaophotis
D

Deleted User

ur great @Felek666 , ur one of the people who keeps me coming back, mostly to learn new things. yeah, the fake ticket prevented me from installing a game I had bought, but I've since removed it. it would install with sig patches which may be where some people r screwing up since this is installing from the eshop, not wup installer. don't delete the ticket, 'cause mine, lucadian chronicles (not sure y I bought it) was also the tik file for one of the sonic games. I found that out based on the title id which is easy to find.
Aw, shucks. <3
Yeah, I'll mention it in my guide after I'm done translating some strings.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
its impossible since to install cbhc your already with sigpatches disabled so checking for tickets wouldnt do any good at all.
There are ways around it; though fix already said he wasn't particularly interested in noob-proofing the app. Anything we change would have to be on a fork, which is its own barrel of worms.

D

Deleted User

Maybe we can convince @FIX94 to add a requirement to the license regarding the eShop
Yeah, he should. Atleast that will cut numbers of bricks because those fancy pants will stop installing it OVER A FAKE TITLE

I'd honestly like to see a breakdown of how many wiiu's got bricked while the person was using wiiu.guide vs flimflam vs others cause i personally think much less if any were bricked using wiiu.guide, i mean yes it is more complicated instead of downloading one zip you have to download many and that would chase away noobs to using it.

In that regard wiiu.guide is a better guide. Also one user has spoken about wiiu.guide being outdated yet he/she can't specify why they think it's outdated. Reminds me of that woman who says Alex Jones should be killed but when the guy asks her what he has said that makes her think he should be killed she can't give him a straight answer she just says he brainwashes people. Not what he asked but okay, lol.
Sadly, the amount I counted times people created threads like "I coldbooted redNAND and have issues" or "what is coldboot?" is astounding. And it's explained in our guides.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, he should. Atleast that will cut numbers of bricks because those fancy pants will stop installing it OVER A FAKE TITLE

Sadly, the amount I counted times people created threads like "I coldbooted redNAND and have issues" or "what is coldboot?" is astounding. And it's explained in our guides.

So? Average Joe isn't gonna use his guide and say, gee, i wish he told me about RedNAND being an option. I knew about RedNAND but by using the haxchi method I save space on my sd. The only people who seem to be using RedNAND are the people who are already using it, new users are all migrating to haxchi and with good reason.

Point is his guide isn't worth less than yours because it doesn't complicate choices more by offering RedNAND as an option. Also he briefly touches on what coldboot is so I don't see the problem there.

Overall to each their own, I'd just like to see people stop dispariging other people's guides without good reason and so far I haven't seen a good reason.

D

Deleted User

So? Average Joe isn't gonna use his guide and say, gee, i wish he told me about RedNAND being an option. I knew about RedNAND but by using the haxchi method I save space on my sd. The only people who seem to be using RedNAND are the people who are already using it, new users are all migrating to haxchi and with good reason.

Point is his guide isn't worth less than yours because it doesn't complicate choices more by offering RedNAND as an option. Also he briefly touches on what coldboot is so I don't see the problem there.

Overall to each their own, I'd just like to see people stop dispariging other people's guides without good reason and so far I haven't seen a good reason.
it offered redNAND and was basically 1:1 copypasta off 3ds.guide, it also said to CBHC with redNAND which is, Booting CFW into another CFW while being in another CFW.
Later it was changed to include sysNAND method, but of course, fuck you community. No NAND Backup method even though it was available for 3 months when he wrote a new version.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
it offered redNAND and was basically 1:1 copypasta off 3ds.guide, it also said to CBHC with redNAND which is, Booting CFW into another CFW while being in another CFW.
Later it was changed to include sysNAND method, but of course, fuck you community. No NAND Backup method even though it was available for 3 months when he wrote a new version.

One thing we can agree on is the importance of including steps to backup the NAND if you have a big enough SD Card. I'm lucky enough to have experience with 3ds.guide to more or less know what to expect and how to avoid bricking but others might not have my experience of softmodding every previous console that could be softmodded.

D

Deleted User

One thing we can agree on is the importance of including steps to backup the NAND if you have a big enough SD Card. I'm lucky enough to have experience with 3ds.guide to more or less know what to expect and how to avoid bricking but others might not have my experience of softmodding every previous console that could be softmodded.
I guess...
Still, If you try to make users follow wiiu.guide here, expect loads of hate. We simply don't recommend it. [I'm tired of explaining why, that would be my 142 post explaining why afaik]
That wiiu.guide shouldn't exist, He didn't even verify what he wrote, do i need to really explain this further?

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess...
Still, If you try to make users follow wiiu.guide here, expect loads of hate. We simply don't recommend it. [I'm tired of explaining why, that would be my 142 post explaining why afaik]
That wiiu.guide shouldn't exist, He didn't even verify what he wrote, do i need to really explain this further?

Regardless I can only speak from experience and my personal experience reflects the fact that his guide worked a treat hence why I don't get the hate, I've also recommended it to others on reddit and they've thanked me, I've never gotten someone back saying I screwed them and the guide caused a brick.

At the end of the day that's what it comes down to, how many bricks it caused, hence why I'd like to see a breakdown of bricks on wiiu.guide vs your guide for example.

D

Deleted User

I don't get the hate, I've also recommended it to others on reddit and they've thanked me, I've never gotten someone back saying I screwed them and the guide caused a brick.
*jumps off a bridge*
oh for fucks sake...
My guide was mainly created to find shit.guide forced redNAND steps.
My and other guides give YOU OPTIONS.
They DON'T force anything upon you.
And i'm tired of this Plaitect bombers attacking this thread .-.

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, afaik, fake tickets usually don't delete with a game, so u could have a fake ticket still on the system after deletion if for instance u install a game with haxchi, then later want to install cbhx. it will fail install even if u buy the game from the eshop. also, afaik, it only fails install if the fake ticket is first in the tik file before the legit ticket. perhaps, in my case, the ticket for brain age was deleted, because it was the only ticket in the tik file. it seems like an unintentional flaw with the ticket system since Nintendo wouldn't be banking on someone using fake tickets anyway.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Wii U a few months ago.

I used no guide.

If people need this much hand holding that you guys feel the need to debate over which "guide" is better... christ. None of you made this software so don't act like you fucking dictate how people should use it.

D

Deleted User

I got my Wii U a few months ago.

I used no guide.

If people need this much hand holding that you guys feel the need to debate over which "guide" is better... christ. None of you made this software so don't act like you fucking dictate how people should use it.
Oh boy, don't tell me that Wii U section is going to be overflowed with degenerates.
I myself just did most of my shit myself and I'm not naming anyone here Mr. Know everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: