Please Help me.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Genjou, Dec 29, 2010.

Dec 29, 2010

Please Help me. by Genjou at 9:51 PM (593 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Genjou
    OP

Newcomer Genjou Newbie

United States
    uh Hey. Ive been on GBAtemp back in 08 or so but forgot my logo. anyways. I've recently started using my r4i gold to play the new pokemon black with the english patch. I had an outdated r4i in which i did the 1.4.1 update to it so instead of the danny phantom pic it shows alex rider. I've also had Wood 1.18 on it as a second OS and Pokemon was working well for 3 days. When i turned on my game today , the game froze. I restarted the menu froze. Then i tryed to boot it up again and i get the error code , "An Error has Occurred. Please and Hold the power off" The R4i gold i have is from www.r4ids.cn and i have no idea what to do.

2. KevFan

Member KevFan GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    try updating to the latest firmware for your cart
    you may also want to try the paper trick

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    That sounds like the error you get when you try to use an older flashcard on a newer DSi (i.e. a non-1.4 card on v1.4+).
    If you have a DS lite/phat (or a friend with one) you can re-flash your card to 1.4.1.
    However, your card might be 'bricked' in which case hopefully you can fix by running the 1.4.1 DSl version on a DS Lite/phat using spare flashcard then swapping the R4i when it says to.

Menu =/= firmware.
    Mixing the two only confuses people.

4. Genjou
    OP

Newcomer Genjou Newbie

United States
    My card was from 2009, And my dsi firmware is 4.0U. and i flashed it. Should i reflash it from v1.41
    It was working before for 3 days and just all of a sudden it stopped

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Yes. Reflash your card.
    Since it doesn't work on your DSi, you'll need a Original DS, a DS Lite or a DSi v1.3 or older.
    If your card doesn't work on the older systems, then as I said you bricked it somehow and will need to run the "DSl" version of the update from a card that works then swap to your broken card when it asks.