Please help me install priiloader. I already have homebrew.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Z-09, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Z-09
    OP

Newcomer Z-09 Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and would like some help installing priiloader for my hacked wii. I used the following method

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&am...p;v=trkoBfEmvAM

(sorry I don't know how to properly post a youtube video link)

I used smashstack and installed a hackmii version 0.8. I also have a 4.3u wii menu. Unfortunately, I only have one 2gb SD card and was forced to erase it for private reasons >.> . I think I installed hackmii, but am not quite sure. You see, I was told by someone that even clicking to install bootmii would brick my wii. Say what you want. I didn't want to take the chance. I read somewhere that priiloader can prevent that. Can someone please help?

**NOTE: I'm currently away from home atm but will return to it and my wii by Friday or Saturday. Also, I tried looking for a topic that fits my situation but cannot find it. Please excuse if one is already up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and have a great day.

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Installing bootmii is less likely to brick your wii then running an official nintendo update, once you get back to your wii, install it (you can just run the Hackmii installer through the homebrew channel this time). Another thing is, bootmii is NOT the same as priiloader. If you can install bootmii as boot2 then you are as safe as you can possibly be, priiloader, on the other hand, only saves you from some bricks.

Anyway on to installing priiloader.
    You can get it here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downloads/list to install it all you need to do is run the installer through the homebrew channel. Once you get it you will also need to download the hacks_hash.ini (right click, save it to the root of your sd card), once your done that, put the sd card in the wii, install priiloader, turn the wii off, and then turn it back on while holding the reset button. This will bring you to the priiloader menu. From here go down to the system menu hacks and enable the ones you want.

That's it, hope I helped

Btw, if you plan on runnin backups, or installing wads, or anything like that, the video you watched won't help you. You may want to look at ModMii, it's stickied, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

P.S. Next time, use the search button before asking a question.

3. Z-09
    OP

Newcomer Z-09 Newbie

United States
    Thanks you very much for the advice! I'll be sure to do that. Also if I have any other problems I can't figure out, I'll just send a reply on this post. Thanks again!