Hacking Please help me choose wich one to buy

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Advantage is that you dont mess with your real NAND, it takes no space on your real NAND and you have infinitive* space on an emulated nand instead of being limited to 512MB which is also shared with savegames.
Disadvantage: um... dunno...

* as much as your SD/HDD

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
There are LOTS of disadvantages to using an emulated nand for wiiware and vc (depending on whether you use SNEEK or triforce). It's a bitch to setup most of the time. Not all games will work. You could easily waste many hours just trying to dick around and figure it out. I'm sure there more reasons.

The way I'd prefer to do it is install the VC and WW games to the nand then transfer them to the SD through the system menu. There's less screwing around that way and you know that all games will work (as long as your SM IOS is patched).

UchiiDaisuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm if i understood everything right so far messing around with the nand is the type of thing that can get your wii bricked right?althou i suppose that following a proper guide should be at least less likely that i screw somthing up but even if i do since i have a backup(actually a few spread troughout my pendrives and pcs at home XD)it should be ok anyway right?

its just that there is still so much i dont know im kind of still scratching the surface there are apps emulators wiiware virtual console something called wads that i still have no idea what are for.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You can think of WADs almost like zip files. The individual files gets extracted into certain places and there is sometimes an executable file.

As long as you have a nand backup and you don't get WADs from unreliable sources, then you are fine.

UchiiDaisuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i kind of get it but then what do these wads do? as you can probally guess they were installed as recommended by the modmii generated guide,i figured they should know better than me so i installed all of them but till now im quite curious to what they are used for

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS52v15661(IOS52v5661[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
* cIOS222[38]-v4
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
* cIOS249[56]-d2x-v7-final
* cIOS250[57]-d2x-v7-final
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* IOS58-64-v6176
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
IOS stands for Input/ouput system. They are the like between the software and hardware. You can kind of think of them like drivers... sorta. All software needs to run through an IOS (besides MINI, but that is a different story). The IOS tells the software how to work with the hardware. Thats is the most basic of basic explanations. IOS's are downloaded in WAD form.

I'm too sick to think any deeper than that at this moment.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
IOS's are downloaded in WAD form.
Actually that's not entirely true (I'm gonna enjoy correcting you, muahahaha, lol)

the IOS component files are downloaded separately, and whatever tool that is being used typically (but not always) packs it into a WAD. Even the same IOSs are different when downloaded\packed using different tools

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
IOS's are downloaded in WAD form.
Actually that's not entirely true (I'm gonna enjoy correcting you, muahahaha, lol)

the IOS component files are downloaded separately, and whatever tool that is being used typically (but not always) packs it into a WAD. Even the same IOSs are different when downloaded\packed using different tools
Yes, you are very right, but I'm trying to keep it simple for the end user to understand. The end user never sees it as its individual files, they only see it as a WAD file.

UchiiDaisuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i kind of understand at least under the sort of like drivers explanation,i would ask why do i seem to have installed so many different versions of both IOS and cIOS but im assuming that for some reason some games and maybe apps need different versions to work,also assuming that when i read monster hunter tri needs if i remember correctly cIOS 37-38 or 56 given i have it installed it should run properly?(just as an example)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You dont really have to understand about all the files right now, the cIOS's you will be using in 99% of the cases is cIOS249[56]-d2x-v7-final, for gaming.
The IOS's you install, as far as I know, helps preventing a system menu brick and stuff like that (actually I dont really know, its nothing to care about imo lol). All the cIOS (everything above 200) is the actual softmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv