Homebrew Please Help! How can I do hax with downloaded Zelda OoT?

Boaz P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have New3DS Jap, but it is Ver 11.2. I did wrong choice to confirm update. In the past, I downloaded Zelda OoT Jap. I wonder it. How can I hax new 3ds with downloaded Zelda OoT?

I need your good advice. Please help me!

I wonder it, using downloaded Zelda OoT to hax New 3ds, can I hax?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your using the eshop copy you need a exploit game that is primary to install oothax. That is normally Sm4sh, Cubic Ninja, and Freakyforms deluxe

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Assuming when you say 'hax' you're talking about hacking it and install a9lh... IIRC there are no DSiWare games left on the Japanese eShop, so unless you've purchased them previously the only way to downgrade and install a9lh would be to hardmod it. DSiWare downgrade also requires a 2nd Japanese 3DS that is already hacked

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, I can not hax it? If downloaded OoT, it is not allow to hax?
You see oothax can be used to hack without already having an exploit game but only if it is a cartridge because you need powersaves which only works for cartridges. You can install hax to OoT eShop copy but you need one of the exploit games I mentioned to install the hacked save.

Boaz P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming when you say 'hax' you're talking about hacking it and install a9lh... IIRC there are no DSiWare games left on the Japanese eShop, so unless you've purchased them previously the only way to downgrade and install a9lh would be to hardmod it. DSiWare downgrade also requires a 2nd Japanese 3DS that is already hacked

I did buy Zelda OoT. I want to downgrade my New 3ds. But my 3ds Ver 11.2.0.35 JP. So I want do it, but I can not it. Help.

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can "hax" the game, but you need another primary entrypoint.

However, since you have the digital version, it's possible to use a utility in the eShop that allows to transfer saves from cartridge games to digital games. I don't remember the exact name of that tool, but if you manage to find a zelda cartridge with hax installed for your device/region, you can trasnfer the haxxed save to your digital game and use it as an entrypoint.

Boaz P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You see oothax can be used to hack without already having an exploit game but only if it is a cartridge because you need powersaves which only works for cartridges. You can install hax to OoT eShop copy but you need one of the exploit games I mentioned to install the hacked save.

Thanks. I am to need other game what you said to me.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guy, if he's on the latest version, he can't set up oothax on the downloaded version because the oothax installer DOES NOT WORK on any firmwares 11.0 or higher unless he has CFW. He's SOL, even if he has another entrypoint. Stop spreading false information.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guy, if he's on the latest version, he can't set up oothax on the downloaded version because the oothax installer DOES NOT WORK on any firmwares 11.0 or higher unless he has CFW. He's SOL, even if he has another entrypoint. Stop spreading false information.
This. Hardmodding is his only option then

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The oothax installer doesn't work on 11 version? Wow, had no idea. Thanks xD

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont need an entrypoint anymore..... Sort of. If you can find a second 3ds below 11.0, you can use it to hack yours

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked