Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting an error on boot
Luma version is 8.1.1
Firmware is below 11.3
Still have access to godmode9 but it wouldnt let me restore nand or make a back up

Just a little background. i haven't touched my 3ds in a few months after i installed bs9 and everything was working fine to playing games and installing cias ect. Turned it on today and getting this problem. Also updated my sister's and nephews and theirs are still working fine. My O3ds is the only one seeming to get the error.

Attachments

• 20171201_162557[1].jpg
    20171201_162557[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 189

rommie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its gets half way through and it just says it failed and if i try to restore an old nand i have. says pretty much the same thing

Attachments

• 20171201_165553[1].jpg
    20171201_165553[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
Last edited by rommie,

rommie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still have 7g of space left. i just removed everything except those files and i still get the same error

rommie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried what you said on 2 different sd. original and a new one and got this error

Attachments

• 20171201_202319[1].jpg
    20171201_202319[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 20171201_202613[1].jpg
    20171201_202613[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like it could be hardware damage to me.

One thing you can try is to format your SD card with an EmuNAND and restore the backup you have as an EmuNAND and see if you can boot that.

rommie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright it booted up with emunand! I was ready to give up hope. Thanks a lot guys, you guys are truly heroes. I'm usually just a lurker, but i couldn't find any post with exact same problem so i made an account and it paid off. I guess it is a hardware problem that prevented my 3ds from copying or writing to sysnand, but i can live with having to use 1g on sd for emunand. Well anyways thanks again guys, I really do appreciate yall taking time to help me.

Last edited by rommie,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright it booted up with emunand! I was ready to give up hope. Thanks a lot guys, you guys are truly heroes. I'm usually just a lurker, but i couldn't find any post with exact same problem so i made an account and it paid off. I guess it is a hardware problem that prevented my 3ds from copying or writing to sysnand, but i can live with having to use 1g on sd for emunand. Well anyways thanks again guys, I really do appreciate yall taking time to help me.
backup that emunand/sdcard its now your 3ds's lifeblood

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can you write down the steps of what you did?

Reactions: wormdood

rommie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Backed up sd to pc
2.Used godm9 to format sd to full emunand. Used gatewayemunand.(tried rednand first, but when I put all my files back on my games didn't show up)
3.Put all my files back on sd including my Nand backup
4.Use Decrypt9WIP to emunand restore using my regualar Nand backup.(tried on gm9 first but it gave me an error so I use this instead)
5.After restore, went to luma config and checked autoboot to emunand.
6.Turned it on and it booted to emunand with all my games that was on sysnand.(except like 2 games that i installed after my latest nand, no biggie i just reinstalled the cia amd everything seems to be working so far. the only thing i found wrong so far is I lost my dbz ultimate x save:cry:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2