Hacking please explain

psiko74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the Gamma Launcher atm and read about the Riiskimod. Whats the pros and cons of installing Riiskimod. Yes I read the guide but didn't see anything that makes me want to switch. Maybe someone could give me somemore info.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you ask this in the thread you will get a nice explanation read the "before you post" sticky on the forum before you post anything else.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riiski mod give you preloader and CIOSCORP, which allows for almost 100% compatible loading through the disc channel. You don't have to use any launcher to load your backups, or patch your games, or force video mode any more. Also, preloader has alot of benefits, like the hacks.ini file, loading and installing wads without booting into the system menu, and the ability to autoboot into hbc, or any other wad if you'd like. The risk is, if your wii gets shut down during the system menu patching process, or you accidentally delete the systemmenu.dol, your wii is partially bricked.

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess since i'm currently using gamma loader/starfall/3.2u i'll ask here, making the switch with all the different stuff loaded for the process of gamma, anything special need to move from it to riskii? it seemed like some people mentioned that if you already have certain cios/ios on it you have to be careful or delete certain things?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanr6 said:
i guess since i'm currently using gamma loader/starfall/3.2u i'll ask here, making the switch with all the different stuff loaded for the process of gamma, anything special need to move from it to riskii? it seemed like some people mentioned that if you already have certain cios/ios on it you have to be careful or delete certain things?

RiiskiMod 1.0 tread : Read it there are steps in there just for you.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the amount of posts are enormous in the Riiski thread, but almost all of the information you need to know is there. That being said, with your configuration, just start with the install of anyregion changer(ARC), and follow the steps from there.

Some people are very weary about running this with their configuration, and that's totally understandable. That's why Riiski 2.0 has it slightly more spelled out for everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night