Gaming Please, Don't Go!

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
It brings tears to my eyes... In only a few short months, the king of handhelds will be removed from its throne....

I would like to take a moment to reflect:

My first game was Mario Kart, packaged with my original silver DS.
I next got Nintendogs and NSMB.
Then I bought Pokemon Diamond Version.
Then Drawn to Life and Legend of Spyro 2.
Then Apollo Justice.
Then came my m3 real.
Then, my black DS lite with Sight Training.

From then on, I've never bought a game. I have pirated over 700 ds games in the 2 1/4 yrs I've had it, and I've played everything I wouldn't have played otherwise.

And so, the life of the Ds is coming to its end. People can say it will live on, but it will not be the same. There will be 3ds racks at game shops, and the DS games will be hidden behind them, just like the ps2.

And, finally, I say thank you to the DS. You have provided me the ultimate handheld gaming experience. FYI, when the 3DS release comes, I will host an official funeral for the DS.

maxxpower18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Muahahaha.
I feel bad for you guys, I got the DS when it first came out but I didn't buy a lot of games because I was(is) poor. I only bought like 3 games up until 2009(Pokemon, New Super Mario Bros., Final Fantasy 4), and to be honest I thought that was all the DS had to offer. I then discovered these forums and was easily persuaded to buying an Acekard. It was then that I discovered... THE DS!!

I freaking love this system now.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh... you guys do know that in order for the DS to be kicked off of it's "throne", it first has to be outsold, and the 3DS has to be pretty much do everything 2x better than the DS... right? So we could still see the DS as the king of the throne 3-4 years from now if the 3DS doesn't live up to par.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
There seems to be a firm belief for some odd reason that the very moment the first 3DS is sold off the shelf, the DS will just kinda croak. Nobody will have one anymore, developer support will just halt, etc., etc.

I'm surprised that I was surprised at the amount of ignorance really. Anybody who has been keeping track even lightly should know that at least a good handful of localizations have been promised for the DS. How many of them currently have a release date? Oh yeah, none of them. Obviously DS games will continue to be made probably for at least two years after the 3DS comes out.

DS sales will also still happen, thus the developer support. When the 3DS comes out, there will be many a used DSlite, DSi, and DSiXL at Gamestop and other gaming establishments. There will also still be the new stock. This means lower prices on systems previously outside of the price range of quite a few people. The 3DS is not cheap. The economy in most of the world isn't doing super fantastic, and most people won't be able to afford the system right away.

The DS still has a long way to go. Don't count it out yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night