Please advice on how I may update the UF2 file in my R4S dongle for the latest atmos/hekate.

Crowla33R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked up on internet but it seems the UF2 file that R4i provided on their website has already stopped getting updated long ago. Obviously I can't just copy and paste anything on it, it has to be in UF2 format.

By the way, can someone please enlighten me what this R4S is supposed to be doing? Does it inject the CFW or the hekate or payload.bin ? Which one ?

I've attached a picture of contents inside the R4S drive.

Attachments

• ehhhhhhhhh.png
    ehhhhhhhhh.png
    121 KB · Views: 33
  • exxxx.png
    exxxx.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 35

Crowla33R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just replace the uf2 file with what everwhere you want to replace it with, like hekate, but in uf2 format not bin.

So it seems I have to convert the format ? This is one problem, I am uncertain as to what I'll have to convert into UF2 format between hekate and atmos and payload.bin.

What I usually did to get into atmos CFW is : insert jig, snag on the R4s dongle then hold power and volume + button. The switch would then boot into hekate, at which point I'll choose payload.bin from the menu then it would boot into CFW. Can someone deduce from all this and tell me from these steps what the R4S was supposed to push into Switch so I could look up what to convert correctly ?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the answer is in your question :

The switch would then boot into hekate

ps : you're the only one who knows your own setup. But if you're only using hekate to chainload Atmosphère, then you should put fusee directly on your dongle :unsure:
IMO the best setup is : Hekate + atmosphère (fss0 + autoboot) → it will boot strait to Atmosphere, and if you need Hekate, you can stop autoboot by pressing Volume- (cold boot)

Crowla33R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know because this is all second-handed, that's why I asked. I've read quite a bit about atmos and hekate but a lot still went over my head, for one I don't really understand the term "chainload" that you mentioned.

However, am I correct in understanding that what's actually inside this r4s' UF2 file is payload.bin ?

I don't think I can directly put payload.bin without converting to UF2 because from searching around on topic there's a few people that tried doing just that and it didn't work.

So do I just need to convert payload.bin to UF2, put it in R4S drive and all would be well and ready for new atmos ? Can someone please advice how I may convert it ?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Crowla33R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...not really. You're probably telling me I'd need to flash hekate onto it ? But I still have zero idea how to do that. Thanks for dragonboot though, I'll look it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol