Playstation Move

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
yay, now we can play wii sports on the ps3...
dry.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some those games ( if not all can work on the wii). How this thing got pass Nintendo? Only Nintendo try to come up with their own stuff. They might as well make a ps3 clone for the wii... the Wii station?

Rampart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it looks cool. Motion controls have been limited on the wii, but a bit of competition is good for a new function like motion controls. They will be competing, and hopefully, making better games and coming up with better ideas on innovative ways to use this technology. Plus, they both offer something the Wii can't. HD resolution! Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo games but they've gotten LAZY. New super Mario Bros. Wii for example. Great game but so little effort. The roster of characters that you are able to pick are Mario, Luigi and blue/yellow toad... would it have really been that hard to add 1 more character?

From the videos that I have seen and the early "hands on" articles that I have read, it seems like this might actually be worth keeping an eye on. REMEMBER: Hardcore gamers are not the #1 target audience for motion controls. Wii has made tons and tons of profits because it was able to let the Xbox360 and PS3 take most of the hardcore gamers, while they brought in many many times more, casual (new) gamers, in with their motion controls. PS3 and 360 are making a play for the casual gaming market because they realized that fighting with each other for the "hardcore" market is much less profitable than going after the tons of new or casual gamers that have flocked to the Wii.

Bottom line is, we are not the target demographic anymore, Your mom is!

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
The previous comments, is what I understood, is like saying:

"AKAIO 1.6 also works on R4 clones" lol "IT'S A REOLUTION!!". I hate Sony now. They're product are banned in our household because of copyright infringement.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rampart said:
Bottom line is, we are not the target demographic anymore, Your mom is!

Yep.

From what i catched is that MOVE would have downwards compatibility with older titles at least i can recall hearing that during a sony E3 conference. Sony isn't going anywhere tho with their console.

For the people waiting for project Natal: for you these consoling words, MS never been able to implement tech on a decent scale in the 1st generation if you don't believe me check out windows started with 1.0 and look where we are today
smile.gif

All the tech demo in the world won't make Natal work in your home, if it was that easy to allow these things to work like they wanted it to in demo form they would have marketed it yesterday.

Well at least with the move controller you will have a very expensive light for $99
smile.gif

mangatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok here is the thing that confuses me; this shit is the -nearly- exact copy of wiimote, right? but how can they copy it that easily, i mean isnt there any law or something about trademarks and shit?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Rampart said:
REMEMBER: Hardcore gamers are not the #1 target audience for motion controls. Wii has made tons and tons of profits because it was able to let the Xbox360 and PS3 take most of the hardcore gamers, while they brought in many many times more, casual (new) gamers... Bottom line is, we are not the target demographic anymore, Your mom is!
There's just one problem with that; casual gamers can't afford a PS3, or rather wouldn't see the point in paying an extra £100 plus the cost of the controller over just getting a Wii. Most casual gamers don't care about graphics. In short, this might sell a few pieces of software to other family members in houses that already own a PS3 but to be honest, I doubt it's going to do much more than lose the respect of most of the gaming community. Bad move Sony!
frown.gif

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
halolz-dot-com-sony-playstationmove-stealorinnovate.jpg

I like the wiimote more especially with wireless nun-chuck and WM+(which works awesomely)

[offtopic] i never get why they named the nun-chuck "nun-chuck", the wiimote looks more like a nun-chuck than that does [/offtopic]

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looks like a dildo.
I don't get it. Don't they already have a motion controller? How can they call it "their motion controller" when it's their second one because they figured Nintendo had the right idea. Everyone always copies Nintendo
frown.gif

EDIT: And what's up with that lightbulb? Does it do anything besides light up?

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty cool IMO. I don't really consider it as competition against the Wii, since it is only a peripheral. At least Sony and Microsoft are realizing motion control is the way to go, considering how good the Wii sales have been lately.

Rampart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jdbye said:
EDIT: And what's up with that lightbulb? Does it do anything besides light up?

The bright ball on the top is used as a point for the camera to track. Kinda like when you see people in motion tracking suits, with all the white balls attached to a body suit.

Rampart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
Rampart said:
REMEMBER: Hardcore gamers are not the #1 target audience for motion controls. Wii has made tons and tons of profits because it was able to let the Xbox360 and PS3 take most of the hardcore gamers, while they brought in many many times more, casual (new) gamers... Bottom line is, we are not the target demographic anymore, Your mom is!
There's just one problem with that; casual gamers can't afford a PS3, or rather wouldn't see the point in paying an extra £100 plus the cost of the controller over just getting a Wii. Most casual gamers don't care about graphics. In short, this might sell a few pieces of software to other family members in houses that already own a PS3 but to be honest, I doubt it's going to do much more than lose the respect of most of the gaming community. Bad move Sony!
frown.gif

There have been many articles regarding the PS3 as being the Best Blu-ray player. People are shifting from DVDs and standard def to Blu-ray and high def. Sony's PS3 offers Netflix streaming, gaming(of course), internet browser, external drive, video, mp3, image player. Plus it gets updated for free by sony every once in a while. Like the 3D upgrade it's getting this year(for future 3D TVs).

The article by IGN makes some good points as to why the PS3 is a great choice for anyone looking for a Fully loaded Blu-ray player+.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think that this should have been something to keep the PS2 alive, PS3 should be a different beast. While Microsoft are off chasing the casual trend Sony should be the ones keeping it simple.

No "casual" gamer will pay £299 for a PS3 only to pay another £99 for each PS3mote with eyetoy, especially those who already have a blu ray player. PS2 is another matter, they could easily repackage it and charge the same as the Wii and they'll get more sales plus there are millions of existing PS2 owners out there looking for a new lease on their consoles life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol