Playstation Move

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by tempBOT, Mar 11, 2010.

1. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    Oof. That's a lot of rumors and heresay. Not to mention the lack of correct spelling, although you have the internet at your fingertips (i'm no spelling Nazi, however for tossing out information such as that... it's a little questionable.)

So, please provide links or some other solid proof about this. Otherwise, it'll be deleted as to not cause a flamewar. Which will surely happen, at this point.

2. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    PS3 and Xbox360 games are already struggling to offer better graphics and AI and still maintain a 'decent' framerate.........the addition of this new controllers, or even worse the 3D vision will make games perform even worse.... non to mention that those are peripherals and will never sell to everybody and will see poor support......it's gonna fail in a huge way.
    They should have thought about it from the beginning, now it's too late, but also to soon to launch new systems, so I also say ...no competition for Nintendo.
    All we need is an HD Wii and a DS2 !

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    It is a clone of Wii version for PS3... They are cheat.

4. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Sorry to go off topic (but to confirm what chartube12 said):

I work in the gaming industry and I spoke to a microsoft rep yesterday about natal. He said it lags by 1/10th of a second meaning there could be further delays in its release, and it doesnt recognise really dark skinned people AT ALL.

meaning its racist.... [​IMG]

He also confirmed that "older" 360's would probably die instantly under natal, whereas the newer built ones, and a "newly revised version" will easily cope with natals extra processing running alongside gameplay.

5. Trulen

Trulen GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States

Actually, the playstation eye observes the room. It sees what color lacks around the room, and make the ball that color, making the Move easily see the ball. If you were in a room with no orange, the ball would turn orange.

Just a tidbit. I'm excited for it, but don't want to pay the $100.

6. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Gallifrey
    I kinda hope this does crash and burn though....clearly a desperate attempt to increase their sales. [​IMG]

I lol'd at 27 seconds in: "Now that's clever isn't it?". Not only does she sound patronising, but yes...it's so clever, Nintendo thought of it years ago...[​IMG]

7. KyuubiNarut0

KyuubiNarut0 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    LOL!!! EVEN THIS OWNS THE WII HAHAHAHAHAHHA

8. Leo Cantus

Leo Cantus So zeta slow!

May 23, 2009
    England
    Looks expensive, dont like the look of it either. If there are a good library of games that come out with this and not just shovelware then I'll consider it.

9. saxamo

saxamo Spaaaaace!

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    NYC
    I guess we'll truly find out now if Motion controls == Shovelware

10. Jaems

Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 21, 2007
    United States
    Natal looks gimmicky and stupid. "YOUR BODY IS THE CONTROLLER!" What a joke.
    Without any physical feedback, I can't play a game and take it seriously.

In all honesty I wish this motion-control fad would just die out already.

11. Dangy

Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    That's clever, isn't it?

12. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    I'd rather go for Natal (even though i wouldn't want it, but i'd prefer it over this)

... meh. I don't see anything special here.

13. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    That's pretty much what I think when I see this as well. The demoed Sony Motion games I've seen actually look much worse than what's come out of the Wii so far, though... I wonder why they even bother with half assed crap like this. Either do it properly and make it actually better than what the Wii does, or just don't bother...

14. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    ...experience games like never before!! Turn your PS3 into a Wii!!! All in 2010!!

15. stupid_monkey_XD

stupid_monkey_XD Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2009
    United States
    yes it does.
    sony really lost on this move. looks and acts exactly like a nintendo wii. apparently sony ran out of ideas and resorted to copyright infringement, or whatever you call it for video game thievery.

Seriously? $99? what a horrible move.

16. DrOctapu

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    Couldn't this be done with the camera alone? Last I checked the camera works pretty damn well for motion tracking.

17. Nimbus

Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

Nov 1, 2009
    Probably being lazy.
    Neh, what's with this whole "Motion Sensor Controls" thing anyway. Seems like a gimmicky load of phooey!

Why, back in my day you were given a controller which if you were lucky had 4-6 buttons and a D-Pad on it, and it was wired, we had none of this wireless crap, and guess what!? We were happy with it.

Dang whippersnappers with your motion controls and all that whooey, if we'd just all be happy with a controller with buttons on it these companies might have more money to actually make some decent games and/or sequels....

....oh what am I saying. I'm not getting old yet! I do however know I grew up with the NES, SNES, and all those other "golden" consoles that many people take for granted, or have no clue about.

18. Fabis94

Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Jan 5, 2009
    [​IMG]

Every Microsoft Staff member has confirmed in every interview that it is going to run perfectly on all the 360's. So yeah - bullshit.

19. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    Seperated at birth

[​IMG]

The Hitachi Magic Wand... Like the Sony controller, I'm guessing it would light up the room for the girl in the video....

20. MeleeMaster500

MeleeMaster500 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2008
    United States
    p.s. move = wiimote
    natal = p.s. eye

can't companies stop copying each other's gimmicks and focus on actually making decent games