Playstation Move - worth it or not?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Qtis, Nov 29, 2011.

Nov 29, 2011
  1. Qtis
    OP

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Hello all!

Now that I've happened to stumble on a few extra $$, I've started to look at nice investments regarding consoles. One interesting feature I've found is the PS Move. Christmas is coming and the Move Starter Pack seems to be around £28, I'm tempted in buying it. Is it worth it or just a boring peripheral that will end up in the back of my closet?

-Qtis

ps. I have a Wii already and now how it works. I don't expect replies like "Get a Wii, it is better pl0x!". What I'm asking is how it works on the PS3 and is it worth it.

2. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    To me it doesn't really look worth it, but that's my opinion.
    I suggest you just wait it out and see if it gets any great games that use it.

3. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    It's definitely NOT worth it. I had a Playstation Move, but there just really aren't many games that are even compatible with the controller. Games like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 are the only good games that it works with. Socom 4 isn't that good of a game to justify a purchase of the Move and Resident Evil 5 is better with the PS3 controller. There are other PSN games like Tumble that require Move, but in the end I sold the Move because it spent most of the time collecting dust.

4. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    not that i have one but the only games i have seen that are move compatible that have only appealed to me seem to be wii ports or arcade shooters...make of it what you will

5. Qtis
    OP

Antarctica
    That's what I've been looking at when considering the PS Move. Only thing is that quite a few people have commented that the PS3 versions are quite a bit more accurate with the Move vs the Wii controllers. Well I'll just have to wait and see if there is something that really appeals to me. Not really worth the £30 if I can play the same games on the Wii already :3

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    dont know if any of these strike your fancy

Killzone 3
    Resistance 3
    Little Big Planet 2
    Heavy Rain
    Child of Eden
    inFamous 2
    Sports Champion

there are more but these are the notable ones

7. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Not worth it.
    Nothing interesting to do with it.

8. Qtis
    OP

Antarctica
    I already own those listed above, but haven't finished half of them. Probably gonna keep the Move on hold till there is something that really makes me want to buy it (kinda like the Zelda series and Super Smash Bro Brawl on the Wii).

9. Rasas

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    Does anyone know any store you can test the playstation move and sharpshooter before you buy it? I can't seem to find one.

Also they are porting a lot of the rail gun shooter games to it and have some originals.

10. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Go to a best buy, all the ones ive been to have a kinect and ps move to try out. Its really not worth it right now, theres barely any games supporting it and out of those only some are worth playing with motion controls.

11. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    the move is becoming a forgotten accesory very few games are being released that support it as of late

12. mechadylan

Member mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Time Crisis: Razing Storm is a lot of fun with the move controllers if you were a fan of the arcade series. I found the Mad Catz 3dShot gun at my local Gamestop for $7.

13. Rasas

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    I was really hoping to test the sharpshooter it had the move which I tried but not the sharpshooter. Well I suppose it is 90 for the eye, move set, and two games so maybe buying it bestbuy might of been a good idea.

14. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you cant go wrong with this bundle
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+-+PlayStation+Move+Mayhem+Bundle+for+PlayStation+3/3991358.p?skuId=3991358&id=1218444836601

the games alone sell at bestbuy for $40 each
    so $10 more for the whole move stuff

I made an unboxing video for this set also
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxvshF3d6w

15. Raynar

Member Raynar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I own the move with sharpshooter got it with Killzone 3 and MAG at launch. Beat it and haven't touch it since and sad that popular shooters don't add the move compatibility its a good add on if you want a real shooting gameplay.

16. ibrawl

Member ibrawl Advanced Member

United States
    i got the move as well as the sharpshooter, and i can't seem to like with killzone 3. But thats just me, the rest of my family likes it with kids games.

17. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    it also works with resistance 3 and socom 4