Playstation 3D Display

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by UnseenHero, Dec 24, 2011.

Dec 24, 2011

Playstation 3D Display by UnseenHero at 10:57 PM (1,023 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    Hey Tempers!
    Quick question,
    My aunt offered to buy me a TV as a belated birthday and Christmas present. The max price is approximately $350. I live in Quebec Canada. I was looking at Gaming TV's and this Sony Playstation 3D Display caught my eye. 4MS response time. 240Hz, 24 inch ( going into my room) built in speakers. The whole 9 yards. Now I was wondering before I go out and buy this on Boxing Day do you think I should get another TV that can top this Display for gaming?

2. rip-it-up

Member rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  3. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    Yes sir, it is :)

4. rip-it-up

United Kingdom
    Well I dont really no much about the prices of tvs in canada so i cant really say if its a good deal or not.

Looking at the review its says it dosen't come with a remote, and that to use the 3d simulview you'll need to buy another pair of glasses at $70. Plus the ones that come with it are a little dark.

If i wanted a 3d tv i would buy a bigger tv than 24inch, but thats just my preference so its up to you, Although In the uk You normally get more for your money with a samsung tv with the same performance.

5. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    Well I am not really in it for the Simulview or another pair of glasses ( I still only have 1 PS3 Controller! xD ) I am more into it because I am wanting a TV to game on pretty much. And this seems to be decent. But I am not sure so I liek to have second opinions. :)
    Anyways thanks for the feedback!

6. rip-it-up

United Kingdom
    No worries mate, Just remember that if your not interested in the simulview or 3d for that matter. your still paying for them features. so I'm positive that theirs a better tv spec wise for your money.

7. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    For the price I would say get another tv since the playstation display is not an actual tv and is only a computer monitor essentially. For the same price which was $500 when the PS Display first came out I already had a 32" 3d tv that came with 2 pairs of glasses, so in my opinion the thing is way overpriced

8. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    Well I don't really want it as a TV just ot game and use as a computer monitor once I get a new desktop. And the price has now dropped to 400 and on Boxing Day it will be 300$ so I'm trying to find TVs or Monitors in these stores (Wal-Mart,Best Buy,Future Shop,EB Games) that are the same price range and better specs :P I will not be getting any cable or satellite for TV in my room anytime soon xD