Hardware Playstation 3 Blinking Red Light Issue

TropicanaWelch887

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it's me again but in all seriousness, I need help with yet another problem. After I switch on my PS3 it runs for a while before turning off again. I thought that this might've been due to a buildup of fluff at first, but I opened up my PS3 to see if that was the case but there was very little fluff inside of it. So I'm not sure what could be causing this to happen.

P.S. Could anyone give me any more advice for what I can do about the problem that I mentioned in my X-Box 360 thread. I've just updated my last post in that thread as of today.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xbox-360-pro-stuck-on-loading-screen.503790/

Last edited by TropicanaWelch887,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arctic silver 5 or mx4. Or you could try some of the newer stuff I've seen with copper shards in it or whatever for better heat transfer (just don't get any on the MB or put to much that it seeps out onto the MB if using anything like that or... rip)

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time I ever had this Issue. These Days, I just use my PS3 for Media Server. Then Yesterday (was hot as hell and was 90 Degrees F inside), my PS3 Fan was on the Highest Setting I think, but then just Cut Off with the Blinking Red Light. There may have been a Warning Message that Displayed, I dont Remember.
There was hardly any Dust in it, but I completely took mine apart, dusted, and put new Thermal Compound on the GPU/CPU . Just curious though, since I dont use the Thermal Compound.....
How much should I put on it?
How good is the Thermal Compound??? Read that it will not be good anymore after 2 Years from the DOM

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time I ever had this Issue. These Days, I just use my PS3 for Media Server. Then Yesterday (was hot as hell and was 90 Degrees F inside), my PS3 Fan was on the Highest Setting I think, but then just Cut Off with the Blinking Red Light. There may have been a Warning Message that Displayed, I dont Remember.
There was hardly any Dust in it, but I completely took mine apart, dusted, and put new Thermal Compound on the GPU/CPU . Just curious though, since I dont use the Thermal Compound.....
How much should I put on it?
How good is the Thermal Compound??? Read that it will not be good anymore after 2 Years from the DOM

If you put new thermal paste correctly then your CPU is probably going bad.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put new thermal paste correctly then your CPU is probably going bad.
Well, I actually never replaced the Thermal Compound on it before. But yeah, was a good thing I did, since it did look a little bad and Crunchy. Only other Items I replaced was the Fan, PCB, and the Bluetooth/Wireless Card.
But just wanted to make sure I put the right amount on it though. Put about a 1/2 Inch line on the Center, then made sure to spread it around the Heatsink Contact point to cover the CPU/GPU

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I actually never replaced the Thermal Compound on it before. But yeah, was a good thing I did, since it did look a little bad and Crunchy. Only other Items I replaced was the Fan, PCB, and the Bluetooth/Wireless Card.
But just wanted to make sure I put the right amount on it though. Put about a 1/2 Inch line on the Center, then made sure to spread it around the Heatsink Contact point to cover the CPU/GPU

Use a plastic card you do need to spread the thermal past around the CPU Block.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5