Playstation 2 Sound Problem.

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Bluestainedroses, May 21, 2010.

May 21, 2010
  1. Bluestainedroses
    OP

Member Bluestainedroses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey there. I've had a trouble with my phat ps2 for a while and i was wondering if anyone here knew if i could fix it, and if i could, How.

since a while, everytime i play my playstation two. I can't hear the sound/music on the game. Which is kinda a pain because my favorite game is Guitar Hero. So i'd like to know if there's any way i could fix this without having to buy a new playstation 2. Because i got it from my father exactly 7 years ago. So it's kind of my treasure (even if it's old.)

2. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    have you tried using another a/v cable?

3. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Use some paper ontop of the metal insert A/V cable to get the connectors to contact the internal pins

4. Bluestainedroses
    OP

United States
    @MFDC12

I stopped using A/V a while ago and use SCART now.

@cobleman

I don't use AV cables anymore. Because it didn't work with them i got a SCART. And it doesn't seem to be working with that either.

5. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You still need to plug the lead into the back of your PS2 and thats where i said the problem might be.
    They get loose where you plug them in and you either end up with no picture or no sound

6. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

lol. youre using the same plug that you put your SCART on it. And worst of it, the same problem occurs.

It might be the problem is inside your PS2 console. Just send it on the technician.

7. Bluestainedroses
    OP

United States
    @Cobleman; Oh i see. Well thanks for informing me on the problem then, now to find a solution to it.

@Dnniwa485: I don't know what technician you mean, but i probably can't send it to Sony anymore as my warranty probably expired. I mean, i have had it since 2003 and i forgot how long it takes before most Sony products expire.