Hacking playing zelda windwaker on wii please help sd card

geordiegaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys i need help i know there is threads about playing gc games already on the wii but after going thru them i still cant get it working i'm very much a noob at this modding stuff. ok heres my prob.. so i have dl'd the zww iso and have dragged and dropped the file into DiscEx file which spat out the glzp01 folder now my wii is already soft modded homebrew neogamma wad man etc etc all the files i need as far i know. so anyways dropped the gzlp01 file into the folder games on root of my sd card. placed sd card in wii launched hb then went to wad man and installed RVL-mios-v10.wad then launched neogamma and went to boot gc game from dml and it found the game when i got to lauch the game it says launching game etc etc then just kick me back to the wii menu, what am i doing wrong please help but please keep it simple as i am haha thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like you didn't install DML or overwrote DML if you installed RVL-mios-v10.wad. You need to install DIOS MIOS (lite) in order to boot GameCube games from your SD card.

geordiegaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
when i go to wan man and it says select nand emulator device the i should select disable? as any other just comes back with error?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The MIOS v10 WAD is the one that the Wii normally uses to run real disks from the disk channel. The WAD for DML replaces it and visa versa. You can only have one installed at a time but DML should ALSO be able to run disks from the disk channel so just installing that WAD should be enough.

Also, you can go ahead and try but I'm not sure if NeoGamma will work with the newest versions of DML or not. If it still gives you problems I'd suggest you use DM(L) Booter. You can get it here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?dv4e9jnyzct05
(Pick one. They're all the same. They just look different.)

And you can download the latest DML .wad here :
http://uploaded.net/file/u7tt2dfs

geordiegaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol this is mad... so i installed dios mios lite and got it working lmao,, but my wii classic remote wont work? brand new its the 1 that plugs into the wiimote the wiimote switches off when i load up the game is there anyway of using the wii classic remote with this game the guy in the shop said i could?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol this is mad... so i installed dios mios lite and got it working lmao,, but my wii classic remote wont work? brand new its the 1 that plugs into the wiimote the wiimote switches off when i load up the game is there anyway of using the wii classic remote with this game the guy in the shop said i could?
As far as I'm aware, you have to use a GameCube controller.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, it will not work.

Classic Controller is for Wii games only.
You need a Gamecube controller to play GC games (or one of those ones called "classic" or 'retro", but are actually ones that plug into the GC controller slot on the Wii, as opposed to ones that connect to the Wiimote). Also need a GC memory card if you want to save your game progress.

If this guy said you could play GC games with a Wii classic controller, go take the controller back to him (and optionally, slap him in the face with it :evil:)

Reactions: Maxternal

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I do not use NMM, since I hardly use DM. If I want to play a GC game, I usually have all the required stuff set up ready to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?