ROM Hack Playing online with backed-up games?

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I already know that if you go online with pirated games you get soft-banned but I was wondering, if I go online with a game I own in cart form that I backed up into a cia will I get banned using that online?
Please don't comment if you aren't 100% sure what you're saying is true, I really don't want to get my 3ds banned. (if you're not sure please don't comment at all)

Thanks!

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I already know that if you go online with pirated games you get soft-banned but I was wondering, if I go online with a game I own in cart form that I backed up into a cia will I get banned using that online?
Please don't comment if you aren't 100% sure what you're saying is true, I really don't want to get my 3ds banned. (if you're not sure please don't comment at all)

Thanks!
Where did you hear the first part? Going online with pirated games is perfectly safe. The only way you can get banned is using Homebrew cia applications while online, and Rosalina 3dsx loading fixes that anyway.

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you hear the first part? Going online with pirated games is perfectly safe. The only way you can get banned is using Homebrew cia applications while online, and Rosalina 3dsx loading fixes that anyway.
Well I've heard from a lot of people that playing pirated games online results in a ban, are you 100% sure that's incorrect?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've heard from a lot of people that playing pirated games online results in a ban, are you 100% sure that's incorrect?
100 percent can guarantee. I'm not entirely sure if the other bans are happening because of using Homebrew cia apps online, since Nintendo obviously will not discuss it, but what I do know is people who use pirated games online and do not use Homebrew cia apps online do not get banned. You will get banned though if the pirated game has not been released yet, such as Pokemon moon leaking a week early, that will definitely result in a ban. So will cheating.

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
100 percent can guarantee. I'm not entirely sure if the other bans are happening because of using Homebrew cia apps online, since Nintendo obviously will not discuss it, but what I do know is people who use pirated games online and do not use Homebrew cia apps online do not get banned. You will get banned though if the pirated game has not been released yet, such as Pokemon moon leaking a week early, that will definitely result in a ban. So will cheating.
when you say "what I do know is people who use pirated games online and do not use Homebrew cia apps online do not get banned" do you mean cheating? so say if I got freeshop and pirated a game without downloading hacks/cheats I can play that online?

Thanks

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you say "what I do know is people who use pirated games online and do not use Homebrew cia apps online do not get banned" do you mean cheating? so say if I got freeshop and pirated a game without downloading hacks/cheats I can play that online?

Thanks
As long as you use the 3dsx version of freeshop, absolutely.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I think some of OP's confusion comes from is that at one point, all "backup" games needed a private header, otherwise if you used Gateway or Sky3DS and some random ROM from somewhere on the internet you could get a 14 day ban from online play. With custom firmware and .CIA files there's no need for such things anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night