Hacking Question playing local multiplayer with legit users has risks?

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
so, i was thinking
if i played Mario tennis Aces with a pirated copy on my switch, and my friends has legit not hacked switch with a copy of the game, can i play with them without connecting to the internet, just by enabling wifi? or i must connect to the same network they are connecting to it?
also, are they effected by me? will nintendo ban them or something like that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i was thinking
if i played Mario tennis Aces with a pirated copy on my switch, and my friends has legit not hacked switch with a copy of the game, can i play with them without connecting to the internet, just by enabling wifi? or i must connect to the same network they are connecting to it?
also, are they effected by me? will nintendo ban them or something like that?
This might be an extra step of paranoia. Even if your friend is violating the terms of service, Nintendo cannot assume you are aware of that and subsequently ban you. For all you know, they could have lied to you about getting the $60 to buy the game overnight. But Nintendo still reserves the right to ban your friend if they go online so...

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
This might be an extra step of paranoia. Even if your friend is violating the terms of service, Nintendo cannot assume you are aware of that and subsequently ban you. For all you know, they could have lied to you about getting the $60 to buy the game overnight. But Nintendo still reserves the right to ban your friend if they go online so...
what about playing local multiplayer.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about playing local multiplayer.
Playing local multiplayer should still leave whoever is not hacking safe because, again, you have no idea what your friend did to their console. Your friend is already taking a risk by pirating a game and playing it (thereby letting the Switch log whatever data it wants that can lead to a ban). Local play should not increase this risk because it requires nothing additional from a headerless dump that can be tracked to it being a dump in the first place.

tl;dr Playing a backup locally is about on the same ban-level as playing a backup offline. And your friend won't get banned for playing a backup with you.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Playing local multiplayer should still leave whoever is not hacking safe because, again, you have no idea what your friend did to their console. Your friend is already taking a risk by pirating a game and playing it (thereby letting the Switch log whatever data it wants that can lead to a ban). Local play should not increase this risk because it requires nothing additional from a headerless dump that can be tracked to it being a dump in the first place.

tl;dr Playing a backup locally is about on the same ban-level as playing a backup offline. And your friend won't get banned for playing a backup with you.
No, i meant they have a legit copy of the game, and their switch is not modded.

My other question was can i play with them without connecting to the same router?
Meaning, can my switch connect to their switch directly?

Last edited by aos10,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i meant they have a legit copy of the game, and thief switch is not modded.

My other question was can i play with them without connecting to the same router?
Meaning, can my switch connect to their switch directly?
Yeah I reread your original post and amended my answer already so my bad.

For your other question, local play does not involve connecting online so you can connect to your friend's Switch without Wi-Fi settings. You just cannot be in Airplane Mode.

Reactions: aos10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c