Playing games that require an internet connection?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a legit disc of Gran Turismo Sport that I'm interested in playing still since I've put so many hours into it, but to be able to play it, the game requires an internet connection otherwise it won't save data.

I Jailbroke the PS4 the other day (as I'm sure some are aware of by now :unsure:),so I can't connect to the PSN Servers or update to the latest firmware which I'm sure the game says you need as well in order to run.

Is there any work around for games that 100% need an internet connection? If not, I can suck it up, but it'd be nice to be able to continue the game.

Thanks all!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't guarantee it will work with something like that, but you might look into xlink kai. I think it works with 9.00. you'll be connected only with people with hacked systems, so you won't actually be on psn.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't guarantee it will work with something like that, but you might look into xlink kai. I think it works with 9.00. you'll be connected only with people with hacked systems, so you won't actually be on psn.
It's not really about connecting with other people, just playing the game in general is what I would have liked ahaha.

I haven't tried it with the DNS active yet, so maybe if it see's there's a connection, even not to PSN, it might let me play. I haven't ever let the PS4 know about a 9.03 firmware, so maybe that's enough... I will report back when I try it out.

Thanks all.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's probably possible to fake a connection via a patch if that's what you want. I know there's a patch like that on the 360. it's mostly for indie games, since indie games are not rated. they're not rated, so it requires an online connection officially, since microsoft can't be held accountable for what happens online based on the terms of service you agreed to. anyway, it may be possible to do that with the ps4 as well, but I don't know of any actual patch for that. there may be too few games to make it worth it, when the 360 has over 3,400 indie games iirc.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You could search for a patch (if it exists).
Some games (for example, the net test for Elden Ring) require network connection to even let you play, and some users make patches for those games for the people to play even when offline.
Tbh I'm not sure if that's like a common thing with Playstation (I'm more of a Nintendo/Xbox guy) but maybe some clever cracker saw this issue and he patched it for a fPKG version laying around on the web.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could search for a patch (if it exists).
Some games (for example, the net test for Elden Ring) require network connection to even let you play, and some users make patches for those games for the people to play even when offline.
Tbh I'm not sure if that's like a common thing with Playstation (I'm more of a Nintendo/Xbox guy) but maybe some clever cracker saw this issue and he patched it for a fPKG version laying around on the web.
Yeah I'm more into the Nintendo scene where Sigpatches make everything so easy. Just put em on your SD card and away you go, any game that needs a Nintendo ID linked, updates or online you can just press start game and away you go!

Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a look into it, but even then my game is retail so to apply the patch I'd end up having to dump it, make it an FPKG, then install the update over that! Doesn't that mean I'll lose my save data? :unsure:

PS4 can be confusing.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Clapmastr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also really like to finish GT Sport but it's not happening unless someone can figure out and make a patch that allows you to save the game. I hate that Polyphony requires you to connect to their server to save even single player data. Looks like they're doing the same with Gran Turismo 7. :'(

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd also really like to finish GT Sport but it's not happening unless someone can figure out and make a patch that allows you to save the game. I hate that Polyphony requires you to connect to their server to save even single player data. Looks like they're doing the same with Gran Turismo 7. :'(
IMO, I think it's bad practice to force an internet connection to play. Of course, it's the best way to stop piracy it seems, but what if I just, don't have the internet at home on a particular day...? Urgh.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it on my jailbroken PS4.

Haven't played it much honestly, but I think I heard some of it's not accessible without online. You could try to install a fpkg and see what happens.

Clapmastr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, I think it's bad practice to force an internet connection to play. Of course, it's the best way to stop piracy it seems, but what if I just, don't have the internet at home on a particular day...? Urgh.
Yeah I mean on Comcast sometimes my internet will just randomly go down for 24 hours. This really makes me not want to buy or even pirate games like this. Also when they cut the severs and stop supporting the game there will no way to play it anymore. It's a huge bummer. I understand why it's like this for online play but single player career mode should not require a server connection to save the game.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Haven't played it much honestly, but I think I heard some of it's not accessible without online. You could try to install a fpkg and see what happens.
You can install and play the game, but you can't save without an internet connection. I haven't tried with Al-azif's DNS to be honest as that still connects to the internet, I suppose it depends if it's trying to communicate with Sony's servers doesn't it.

Yeah I mean on Comcast sometimes my internet will just randomly go down for 24 hours. This really makes me not want to buy or even pirate games like this. Also when they cut the severs and stop supporting the game there will no way to play it anymore. It's a huge bummer. I understand why it's like this for online play but single player career mode should not require a server connection to save the game.
This is exactly my point. I don't play any games online anyway, so to be forced into an internet connection just doesn't seem right ahaha

Clapmastr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have it on disc. Yeah you can't save progress in the game whatsoever without being signed into PSN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey