Hacking Playing games in HD External

milhous3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, i'm trying to run games by external hd, but i'm a wii dumbass, i can't understand the terms in the tutorial, so I will explain my situation.
I've got a 3.2 NTSC-J wii, and run some games patched with wii brick blocker, I've installed HBC and bootmii(but can't backup the NAND). Some people say that I have to install the Waninkoko 4.2 Firmware update, other say that i have to install just a few cIOS and the hd loader and I will be able to run.
My point is, i wanna to play games by external HD, including the new ones, just like Epic Mickey and New Super Mario Bros(Yes, i can't run NSMB yey).
Thanks for helping

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to play off the hdd you will need a waninkoko's cios, latest i believe is ver.20. install that and then load up a usb hdd loader program. the firmware shouldnt really matter, you will only need to put on new ios' for games that require them

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Would he not be best following the 'modify any wii 4.3 and below' guide in the stickies? This wayhe will get up to 4.2/4.3 and all the necessary apps will be in place and I think the guide covers USB loaders too. Please correct me if Im wrong. I think that this is a proven way to get the lad up to date and ready to go

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Objectives:
1] Update your wii to the latest "homebrew friendly" firmware (If on Wii Discussions > Wii - Hacking > Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below

You made the point 3,4, and will be on your street festival

milhous3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zizer said:
Objectives:
1] Update your wii to the latest "homebrew friendly" firmware (If on Wii Discussions > Wii - Hacking > Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below

You made the point 3,4, and will be on your street festival
Well, let me see
cIOS it's the same to American and Japanese wii?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Read the guide. Theres a link for E, U and J consoles. Korean (K) is the exception where certain things have to be done differently. Read it thoroughly and make sure you're cool about what you're doing. DON'T SKIP ANYTHING!!! This guide is tried and tested, just follow it to the letter. Good luck dude

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Or you could use ModMii - tell it you have a 'virgin wii' (& answer a few questions), let that download all the necessary files which you place onto a SD card (you'll need to run the program twice.. 1st time to softmod & 2nd time for USB support)

(re)softmod your Wii & you'll be set to run games from USB HDD - well that's what I did....

Although since you've already softmodded your Wii - perhaps (better check with XFlak the developer), you could run ModMii but just select the USB support option instead

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
Why does'nt anybody point to this? It the most complete easiest way of doing ANYTHING to your Wii.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126
Dammit - I DID mention it - just forgot to add the F**king link
ranting.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
Hielkenator said:
Why does'nt anybody point to this? It the most complete easiest way of doing ANYTHING to your Wii.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126
Dammit - I DID mention it - just forgot to add the F**king link
ranting.gif

Sorry lol, my bad!

Just a note: It's not needed to completely remod your wii.
You can download bits and pieces you only need, with modmii too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse