GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I know that WiiMC can read data DVDs with video files (like .avi or .wmv and other formats) but I'm wondering if it can play movie DVDs, as in those you can rent at video stores. I can't seem to play them, so I don't know if my configuration isn't right (I use WiiMC 1.0.6, the WiiMC cIOS202, and my Wii has the old optical drive that can read DVD-R) or if WiiMC just can't play those DVDs. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
davidsl_128 said:
I know that WiiMC can read data DVDs with video files (like .avi or .wmv and other formats) but I'm wondering if it can play movie DVDs, as in those you can rent at video stores. I can't seem to play them, so I don't know if my configuration isn't right (I use WiiMC 1.0.6, the WiiMC cIOS202, and my Wii has the old optical drive that can read DVD-R) or if WiiMC just can't play those DVDs. Thanks
biggrin.gif

plays ok for me, make sure you either got the latest homebrew channel (1.0.7) or dvdx if your want to stick with a previous version of homebrew channel, get it by running the hackmii installer, I recommend you upgrade to the latest homebrew channel

wiimc needs one of those to be able to play dvd movies

If you got one of those installed and it still doesnt play then try mplayer ce to see if that works for you

Wiimc is still relatively unstable so things wont always work

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I could get my DVD copy of "WALL-E" to work, but sort of... lamely.]

The audio was very distorted at times and was out-of-sync with the picture. Annnd the picture itself was at an inconsistent framerate, probably about 10 frames-per-second on average.

So, it worked for me. But I'm sure it all depends on how taxing the movie is on the Wii in terms of image and sound quality, and hey, who knows, maybe some movies just don't play, like in your case. :/

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Channel version and DVDx have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with WiiMC.

Make sure you have ios202 installed. (Available at WiiMC website, www.wiimc.org).

DVD playback isn't the greatest. Some dvds will play great, others will have small problems, and some just refuse to work at all.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, I got a "Can't read DVD" error with all my movies, so I don't think it's a video playback problem, but problems with reading DVDs. I can't seem to get anything going, so I'll just load the old HackMii Installer and reinstall DVDx

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
davidsl_128 said:
Well, I got a "Can't read DVD" error with all my movies, so I don't think it's a video playback problem, but problems with reading DVDs. I can't seem to get anything going, so I'll just load the old HackMii Installer and reinstall DVDx
You don't need DVDx if you have the IOS202 on wiimc's downloads page installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later