Hacking Playing Backups with D3-2-Drives work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Noone has something to say about that? This guy in the video claims to play burned disks with a D3-2-Drive using cIOSCorp 3.6, Hermes cIOS, cIOS rev17 and Priiloader.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's fake. The drive chipset isn't shown, so how could we tell it truly is a D3-2 drive? For all we know, he threw a D2C drive in there.

This is off-topic, but… bumping your topic after 13 minutes?
wtf.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dialexio said:
I'd say it's fake. The drive chipset isn't shown, so how could we tell it truly is a D3-2 drive? For all we know, he threw a D2C drive in there.

This is off-topic, but… bumping your topic after 13 minutes?
wtf.gif

Sorry for that, I was just a bit surprised seeing this on Youtube first. Well, atleast Im not the only one who thinks this is fake
tongue.gif

hyr8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i was at the forum where this guy posted this video, and i tried to explain that d3-2 drives can't read backups, because of the hardware limitation,
but he claims that was only by softmod, and said 'i probably deleted something that malfunctioned the protection against dvd-r', and that i was 'not helping him, instead was doubting of what he had done'.
anyway, stubborn people are hard to deal with.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Dmon84 said:
Maybe he switched drives or is using a modchip.

A modchip wouldnt work as it is the actuall DRIVE that cant read the disk and not some sort of software protection. Its more than likely an extremely early version of the black wii, The drive has been changed or he has put a black case on an old wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2