Playing backup games from a different region

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jay risner, Dec 22, 2008.

Dec 22, 2008
  1. jay risner
    OP

Newcomer jay risner Newbie

United States
    I have downloaded homebrew on my sd and then onto my wii and it worked fine. But when I downloaded the bundle.zip file onto the wii, I get an error each time I tried to start a backup game from a different region on my ntsc machine? Should I be able to play these backups? And if so, can you walk me through the procedure with backup launch?
    Thanks,
    Jay Risner [​IMG]
    undefined

2. theman060606

Newcomer theman060606 Member

United States
    There should be an option shown on the launcher screen to press something ("B", 1, etc) to enter the config screen. Press and hold that button, then select config, then move to the line which says "Force NTSC" and change it to "Yes", then select "Launch game".

Posts merged

A better option for you might be to install a channel which automatically forces NTSC on all games. This will make sure all compatible games load regardless of the game region. This works for me like a charm.

3. jay risner
    OP

Newcomer jay risner Newbie

United States
    Sorry for not understanding everything. I am a novice. How do you create a channel?

4. raenef

Member raenef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you don't need to create a channel unless your too lazy to press Force NTSC [​IMG]

5. theman060606

Newcomer theman060606 Member

United States
    You don't need to create a channel, just download and install one of the ones listed in this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115706