Gaming Played the 3DS

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got a good go today even though i only played face raiders i am really impressed with the thing I just want it in my own hands now , i only went into game to enquire about game prices for 3DS games , i had a good chat with the shop assit and got some intresting info on pre-orders and the numbers they have see my other post.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Ramonra said:
GAAAAAH

MAN I've grown so annoyable by people who think the 3D effect can be captured with a 3D camera.

What makes us able to see the 3D in the 3DS happens between the 3DS's screen and our eyes/brain. If there's an intermediary, wether it's 3D capable or not, IT WON'T WORK.

You sir, are wrong. The 3D effect in the 3DS works exactly the same as every other 3D effect in movies and games. One image is viewed by one eye and a different image by the other. As long as the 3D photo is taken from the correct angle and at the correct distance, it will work perfectly. 3D cameras (good ones anyway) use two different lenses set a couple of inches apart to simulate how our eyes see the world. If 3D cameras can't capture the 3D effect of the 3DS, then the 3DS effect just wouldn't work at all for anyone.

Here is a basic example, a 3D CD box that I own, you'll have to excuse the quality, the 3D is preserved though.
(cross your eyes)
3dexample.png

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
Am I the only one underwhelmed by the "3D". It looks almost the same on or off...
Everything else good though apart from L/R buttons too small.
Can you see 3D well?

Was you using with AR? Unfortunately I keep reading that it 3D doesn't change much.

If the games too, did you try messing with the slide settings?

Was you holding the 3ds right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free