Gaming play xbox/xbox 360 games via emulator with a 360 controller?

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
we all know you can hook up your 360 controller to your PC. but could i play xbox games with that via an emulator? if so what's the name of that emulator (don't need a link, name will do
smile.gif
)
and maybe 360 games too?

i have a pretty strong PC, so xbox shouldn't be a real problem. and maybe I coudl play PS2 games too via an emulator with the 360 controller?

D

Deleted User

Short answer, No.
There was an XBox(1) emulator that was designed to run Halo, but it runs it very choppily. 360 Emulation won't happen for at least a decade I'd wager.

PCSX2 is the latest-generation console that's able to be emulated by current-modern computer hardware. Even then, there are a number of trouble games that people have issues running. Most of the time you have to configure your settings a certain way to avoid issues in certain games.

Recommended specs for PCSX2 are at least a 3.2 Ghz Dual Core Processor, and a 512MB/1GB Graphics Card.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I think the best route to "emulation" is to follow the path of the DS - use the system it was designed for. Essentially this just boils down to soft/hard-modding your consoles to play whatever games you need. With that, there's no need for people to try building an emulator which they all know will not likely become mature without a decade of working at it.

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that's a real shame, a real shame..... i was looking forward to playing some xbox games on my PC, but no way now.....
such a shame, would have been ideal

i'll check out that ps2 emulator, hopefully it'll work with a 360 controller

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recently bought a an xbox360 controller too, and also found out there is no xbox emu.
But then I found out that most games released on the xbox are also avaible for PC soo...

Anyway, I just downloaden some of the games released on both the 360 and the PC. Need for speed games, SF4, Burnout, etc. And yea, I'm enjoying it, it's like I bought a new console for the price of a controller
smile.gif

I'm also enjoying old Snes and GBA rpg's with it btw, playing them full screen sitting back in my lazy chair..
biggrin.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wabsta said:
I recently bought a an xbox360 controller too, and also found out there is no xbox emu.
But then I found out that most games released on the xbox are also avaible for PC soo...

Anyway, I just downloaden some of the games released on both the 360 and the PC. Need for speed games, SF4, Burnout, etc. And yea, I'm enjoying it, it's like I bought a new console for the price of a controller
smile.gif

I'm also enjoying old Snes and GBA rpg's with it btw, playing them full screen sitting back in my lazy chair..
biggrin.gif

I wonder, that Saints Row 2 PC game was just a god awful port from the 360 version, completely unplayable without a controller. Maybe it's better with the 360 controller? Could you try it? I'm looking into buying a 360 controller as well for my PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1