Hardware Play on Switch in Original Dock not on TV

BorussenAndi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hallo i buy the Dock in the First picture and put the Board From the Original Dock in it.
My Problem is that the Switch Display turn off if I put it in the dock.
I want to Play on the Switch in the Dock not on TV.
On the second picture I found a Dock where you can switch from TV to Switch in Dock.
I hope you can understand me and my bad english.
Have anyone an Idea for me?
PS: The HDMI cable is not pluged in
Thx
Screenshot_20200206-215914_Vova.jpg
Screenshot_20200207-154830_Joom.jpg

Antivash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'd stay away from third party docks.
If you have some modding skills, you could wire up a switch which in one position feeds the power to the dock as usual, or in the other position it bypasses the dock and charges the Switch directly.

Indeed. The only "alternate" dock I recommend using is the Basstop dock, since its not really a dock, more than a case mod for the official dock. You just can't play on the switch's screen with it, since its basically a standard dock. I suppose it would be easier to mod *that* to work for what OP wants than the original dock, but I have no skill or knowledge of how to do such a thing soo..... yeah.

Edit: Considering that OP didn't link the product and only posted pictures, it appears that this is a dock case mod and not a third party dock as well. It would help out if you give us more info on the dock if you want help getting it working.

Last edited by Antivash,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I find it pretty interesting that a mere shell replacement is supposed to let you shut off the video out?
The 2nd one doesn't seem to be a replacement shell if we're to believe the pictures since it plugs directly to AC. It would mean that the transformer (AC to DC) part is inside the shell, which the original dock doesn't do (The adapter does this). The only way it would work as a replacement dock is if pressing the button increased the resistance enough that the amount of power sent to the Switch wasn't enough to trigger dock behavior.

@OP, you could just use a 1A USB-C adapter like the ones that come with NES Classic if you just want to charge while playing on the original dock + replacement shell. I learnt that when the used dock I bought came with this adapter instead of the Switch adapter.

Last edited by fvig2001,

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@OP, you could just use a 1A USB-C adapter like the ones that come with NES Classic if you just want to charge while playing on the original dock + replacement shell. I learnt that when the used dock I bought came with this adapter instead of the Switch adapter.
That almost sounds dangerous but I'm intrigued. I assume all 3 USB ports still function. Is the Switch still fast charging as well?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That almost sounds dangerous but I'm intrigued. I assume all 3 USB ports still function. Is the Switch still fast charging as well?
It won't fast charge since the current is low. I doubt the USB ports would have enough power. The purpose of this was if the user really just wanted to use the dock as a charger and stand while playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E