Hacking Play gba roms on action replay DSi

palz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard you can play some gba roms on action replay dsi. I know ds roms don't work. Please don't ban me for rom discussion.
Is it possible at all to play gba roms? I don't even really care about saving.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're looking to play GBA games on the DSi, there's three choices, but only one really worth making.

1st is the iPlayer, originally designed as a homebrew only flashcart with a dedicated CPU, Darkchen was allowed to make a GBA emulator for the flashcart, which worked surprisingly well.
It cannot play commercial DS roms.

2nd is the EX4i, another R4 clone but with an integrated CPU as well. It's GBA emulator however is very basic, lacking any configuration or advanced features.

3rd is the Supercard DStwo, which has an updated version of the iPlayer's GBA emulator, with fixes and improvements that make it the best GBA emulator. Even without the GBA emu, DStwo stands to be the best flashcart out of the three listed.

So there you go, pretty much settle for the DStwo and nothing else.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
palz said:
I'll look into DStwo. Can you update the cart's firmware if ninty blocks it?
Trust me, the only DSi card that can't have it's firmware updated is the million various versions of the R4i.
So that's a given for the DSTWO.

palz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything more economical than DSTWO? I want to be able to:
Play nds roms (of games I own) with save data
  • Play gba roms (of games I own) with save data
  • Play homebrew
  • Maybe some other cool features

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
palz said:
Anything more economical than DSTWO? I want to be able to:
Play nds roms (of games I own) with save data
  • Play gba roms (of games I own) with save data
  • Play homebrew
  • Maybe some other cool features
1. Use the DSTWO for playing DS games, the ARDSi for dumping DS saves, and this program (by Matt140) to convert the ARDSi saves into the DSTWO format.
2. Use the DSTWO for playing GBA games. There's a program for retrieving GBA saves from a retail cart using a Slot-1 card and a DS(lite), but I don't remember where it is.
3. The DSTWO supports homebrew, and it has a lot of features such as Real Time Save (saving mid-game), Real Time Cheat (toggling Action Replay codes mid-game), Real Time Guide (reading a walkthrough mid-game), and more.
4. The DSTWO is the only device I know that can fit all of your needs. Although there's also the EX4i, although it's a waste of your time, as it's not that much cheaper, and you lose pretty much $15 worth of features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy