Gaming Play games via USB?

Nikolay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to play games that are stored on my computer on my PSP via a USB connection or wifi?

Nikolay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an official version that works with 5.50 gen D3 and psp phats? I've googled and found a patch that makes iRShell 5.0 compatible with 5.50 but irShell 5.0 is only for slims and the official site seems to be down at the moment.

Also, what about iso loader?

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ISO Loader is outdated.

Here's a page where you can get iRShell 5.0 and the patch to make it work with 5.50 GEN.
http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/10/02/ir-she...0-gen-released/

EDIT - Seems like the official iRShell site is down. You will need to get some drivers and files for it to make it compatible with your PC, I don't know anywhere else to get it besides that site.

Nikolay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope but I can try.

Edit: Alright so.. I tried to run iRShell and it was giving me a wrong firmware error so I disabled autoboot and then ran the iRShell 5.50 patch and now iRShell boots into this redish brown background with my apps being displayed. So err, how would I go about loading a PSP game from my computer with the USB connection?

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. IR Shell- USBHostfs
First copy the required folders (IRSHELL and PSP) to your Memory Stick root (ms0:\)
Remember to leave the USB cable attached to the PSP.
Now go to your GAME menu and select IR Shell.
Once IR Shell loads, look for the usbhost0 icon (Toggle USBHost). Click it. You will get an Error, don't worry about it.

Windows will make the "New Hardware Connected" sound and find the "PSP Type B".
A pop-up will appear to search for the proper drivers.
When it asks to search for drivers online, select "No, Not at this time" and click "Next".
Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)". Click "Next".
Select "Include this location in the search." and browse to "C:\Program Files\PSPHost\driver" (or where you installed PSPHost).
The driver will install. Click "Finish".

Now to activate the USB Connection.
Right-click on the PSPHost Icon in the System Tray. Select Enable USB.

Your computer is now ready tp accept connections from your PSP.
Back on your PSP, click X to get rid of the Error. Click the usbhost0 icon again to have access to the files on your PC.
For more information on IR Shell v2.0, see the included User Guide.txt.

Source

You can also play it via WiFi, but the process seems complicated, and I never tried.

Nikolay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Once IR Shell loads, look for the usbhost0 icon (Toggle USBHost). Click it. You will get an Error, don't worry about it.

Yeah.. I don't have a usbhost0 icon. I'm running Windows 7 x64 so maybe there's some incompatibility here?

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you referring to what's in your memstick or when you actually started and running iRShell on your PSP?

After you run iRShell on your PSP and are on the main menu, there should be an "Toggle USBHost" third down and second to the right.

Nikolay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teny said:
Are you referring to what's in your memstick or when you actually started and running iRShell on your PSP?

After you run iRShell on your PSP and are on the main menu, there should be an "Toggle USBHost" third down and second to the right.

I mean when I'm running iRShell on my PSP. I don't have USBHost anywhere. Maybe I should downgrade from gen d3 to something that is compatible with iRShell 4.9 without needing a patch?

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should get something like this...
pspirshell-49.jpg

and I circled what should be USBHost.

Nikolay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have that GUI on my irshell, I only had the directory view. Well, I downgraded from gen d3 to 5.00 m33-6 and now iRShell 4.9 displays properly. I'm able to get USBhost working now but when I navigate to my ISO folder on my computer from my psp and try to run an .iso, it displays a no game inserted error. So I looked around a bit and found out I might need to install remotejoy, but I installed the drivers and everytime I run remotejoy, it's icon is in the taskbar and when I left click it my whole toolbar vanishes and I have to end the explorer process and re-open it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1