OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SECOND UPDATE - UP TO GYM FIGHT IN HEARTHOME CITY

Hello Hello Everyone.

I know that there were a lot of really good Platinum hacks lately, however I've still decided to make a new one.

Why after playing so many hacks you would want to check another one, like mine?

The answer is easy - I guarantee you that every battle in this version will be really challenging, on the other hand no fights will be impossible to win.

I've focused on one topic - each trainer will fight as hard as he can - everyone wants to become a champion!
Almost every trainer will use various items to help his team!

Each trainer class will use different Pokémon, items and tactics.

I hope that you will report me you feelings about the battles so far - is someone using to weak Pokémon - or too strong ones. I am making this hack for you guys - so I need to ask you what you want!

PLEASE GIVE ME A FEEDBACK AND POST YOUR IDEAS - what you want to be changed?

So, if you have time, please play up to first fight with Jupiter - new version will be updated in every 3 - 4 days - you still can change history and decide how hard it will be at the end!
I really need your opinions - I am making this for you, not myself - thats why your opinion is crucial.

So, what's new?

# TRAINERS
All Trainers have more and different Pokémon.
Many trainers will use items.
Some Pokémon will have held items.
Ace Trainers will have really strong Pokémon - watch out for them;) - of course when I will reach them in editing
wink.gif

Every Pokémon (INCLUDING legendaries) will be used by the NPCs!
Some Trainer's names have changed - due to PPRE bug I've needed to shorten every name to max. 7 letters. Thanks to this no trainer's name will appear as "???" (Like Gardenia, switched to Gardena)

# WILD POKéMON
All Pokémon will be able to be caught!
All Pokémon can be found with held items! - every item obtainable from wild Pokémon!
To fight with Jupiter already over 200 Pokémon obtainable!

# LEGENDARIES
All Special Event Pokémon will be obtainable!

# EVOLUTION
No more Trading! If you needed for example Metal Coat and trade to evolve Scyther, now you need only to level up with Metal Coat as held item - you decide when it will evolve!
For Pokémon: Kadabra, Haunter and Machoke needed held items are: Mind Plate, Spooky Plate and Fist Plate - all obtainable very early in the game!
Because of it the game will remain challenging!
No more "move" evolutions - for those Pokémon what needed special moves to evolve - level them up in specific places like Eterna Forest.

# TYPES
Some Pokémon types have changed:
Dratini/Dragonair - DRAGON/WATER
Psyduck/Golduck - WATER/PSYCHIC
Hoothoot/Noctowl - FLYING/PSYCHIC
Vulpix/Ninetales - FIRE/PSYCHIC
Voltorb/Electrode - ELECTRIC/STEEL

#ABILITIES
Some Pokémon abilities have changed
Beldum/Metang - levitate
Bronzor/Bronzong - only LEVITATE
Dusknoir - levitate
Venomoth/Dustox - levitate
Magnemite evolution family abilities switched back to normal (in order to not overpower it)

TO DO LIST:

# NATIONAL DEX from the start (waiting for Info from Oxnite how to do it)

# SPRITES
Switch male Pokemon sprites to the HG/SS ones (Female will remain the same) - or the opposite
(Well... I know how to do it, but it is a lot of work, so it will wait to the end)

# TEXT
Change the text to make you sometimes laugh
wink.gif

Download patch:

PlatinumHARDMODEv3

select xDelta GUI.exe
Set patch to .patch file
Set rom, to your legal
rolleyes.gif
untrimmed Platinium rom

CREDITS

Guys who created xDelta;
Oxnite, who helped me a lot, please support his Platinum Deluxe version.

micadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
Magnezone Levitate is retarded

Yes, Magnezone may be now little overpowered, but it's evolution family in fact levitate... if you want I can't adjust the base stats of those Pokémon to make them more fair in battling.

QUOTE said:
Wow nice! But how hard is it? Is it harder than bloody platinum?

Well... try it out and tell me
wink.gif

i lol'ed at the legal part

That's why I added "legal" there lol

Well, what you think about difficulty for now? I know that this rom was edited only in 5%, but If you say to increase / lower current trainer's Pokémon level, it will affect the story later (I am working on progressive difficulty increase)

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Magnezone with Levitate? I always thought of this idea but knew it was way too cheap. That's why it has Magnet Raise..

Also, giving trainers items just makes the game annoying. I personally wish trainers and yourself could not use any items in battle (like in the battle frontier), along with shift being set permanently. Now that would be a hack.

I like the idea of you changing the male sprites to HG male sprites. That's a good idea.

micadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Platinum Hardmode was updated.

Thanks for those who left me some comments, but I am still waiting for your opinions of battles difficulty - the longer I will wait for them, the more I will need to change if it's necessary.

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks very nice, micadi! Good job.

As you are editing Pokémon Types etc., why not edit the following Pokémon, too? Just suggestions!

Beldum -> Levitate
Metang -> Levitate
Dusknoir -> Levitate
Dustox & Venomoth are actually Flying, so maybe giving them a Flying Type or Levitate?

Best luck with it! I've got too less time to test your game, I'm very sorry. Maybe somewhere in the future!

micadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oxnite said:

As you are editing Pokémon Types etc., why not edit the following Pokémon, too? Just suggestions!

Beldum -> Levitate
Metang -> Levitate
Dusknoir -> Levitate
Dustox & Venomoth are actually Flying, so maybe giving them a Flying Type or Levitate?

Best luck with it! I've got too less time to test your game, I'm very sorry. Maybe somewhere in the future!

Thanks for Ideas, I will add those changes in the next version (if no one objects of course)

Joltlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micadi said:
Oxnite said:

Beldum -> Levitate
Metang -> Levitate
Dusknoir -> Levitate

Thanks for Ideas, I will add those changes in the next version (if no one objects of course)

I think this is a great idea considering it's true that Dustox and Venomoth are flying/bug types and Beldum, Metang, and Dusknoir float to travel

micadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Another update... sorry for the slow process of it, but I have a real life lol;). This time up to Hearthome Gym Battle. As always, no need to start the game from beginning, just be sure that after patching the new rom will have the same name as the old one.

Still waiting for opinions about battles - are there some too hard/easy battles?

Btw, first legendary is catchable:

hardv.jpg

Well... it knocked out my all Pokemon when I was about to catch it ;P. Little hard to achieve with only normal Pokeballs. Huh... it's hard to win this game without any training (btw. Fantina's Pokemon, the 3rd gym leader, are about 45 lv, so be prepared)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1