Planning on getting a new N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mixitrion, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Mixitrion
    OP

Mixitrion Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    United States
    I'm planning on buying someone a N3DSXL for Christmas, I've already ordered the Gateway, but im 99.9% sure that it'll come with the latest firmware installed, or something >9.2.
    My question is. IS there a safe way to downgrade the console OR any way to buy a N3DSXL from a trusted site with an older firmware?
    Thanks!

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    Why did you order a gateway!?!?! Unless you already had one gateway is a scam to buy. You could have done everything gateway could do and more for free using a free and open sourced guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ !
    Your 3ds will 100% be 11.0 but if it is 10.7 you can downgrade it. If it is 11.X then you need dsiware and a hacked 3ds or a hardmod

Last edited by xtheman, Nov 21, 2016
    NutymcNuty likes this.
  3. Mixitrion
    OP

Mixitrion Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    United States
    Yes, i own two systems and i have Gateway on both and so far so good. I'll check those links once im out of work. thank you!

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
  5. Raiden8816

Raiden8816 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2012
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    I second modifying your GW systems. I had an O3DSXL on 4.2.0 just for GW, but I followed the guide and it was the third system I modified for CFW. My first and second CFW modded systems are in my signature below.

No more gimmicky GW cards, it's great just turning on your system and all the games installed just appear, versus going to system settings > profile> NDS profile to launch GW exploit or browser exploit.