Planning on buying a PSP-2000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by 1stkirbyever, Jul 18, 2010.

Jul 18, 2010
  1. 1stkirbyever
    OP

Newcomer 1stkirbyever Advanced Member

United States
    I currently have a PSP-1000, but it's starting to go (That and, I would like to be able to record some videos from my PSP, I tried using remotejoy but, it didn't really work.) but, I would like to ask a few questions;

*I heard that the Daxter Limited Edition PSP-2000 is 100% hackable, is this true? Because, I would like to be able to run CFW on 200x models and, I heard that newer 200x models cannot run CFW.
    *Is the battery size any different? I would like to know because, I have a pandora battery and, I want to know if it would work for 200x models.
    *Is the PSP-2000 able to use the composite inputs? I wasn't sure on this one but, I would like to know.

If someone could answer these for me, it would help, me a lot, thanks.

2. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I believe the Daxter bundles are hackable, yes. It'd be nice if someone backs me up on that. [​IMG]

The size of the battery is different, but the pandora battery will still fit. You won't be able to put the battery cover on but that won't matter, especially as you won't need it for long.
    I think the 2000 supports TV-out, so the composite cables should work, but again, someone back me up? [​IMG]

3. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Daxter bundle PSP's are Pandora-able, most silver PSP's came out of Daxter bundles... Buying a silver gives you pretty good odds of getting a Pandora-able PSP.

Phat batteries are thicker, but will fit into and function in A 2000. You will need an "extended battery" cover or you will not be able to close it.

Composite cables will not allow you to play games on your TV w/o the use of FuSa. For that you will need component cables and a compatible TV. XMB, video, music and the webbrowser work fine w/ composite cables, no need for FuSa.

4. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    Daxter bundles are 100% hackable. Mine is a Daxter PSP, and I have 5.50 Prometheus. You need a pandora if the firmware is higher than 5.03, though.

And the rule is: phat batts fit in phats and slims, but slim batts only fit in slims.

If you put a slim battery in a phat PSP, it will fall out.

5. 1stkirbyever
    OP

United States
    So, without running the FuSa plugin, I wouldn't be able to play any UMD games on the TV? (Or using a SD video/audio amp) I, am using an "Emerson" 720p TV, if that helps any. I, want to figure this out before I, purchase it, since, I just want to record game-play.

6. kiafazool

Member kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    yes to all of your answers
    i have the daxter psp
    all pandora batterys work on it even if u have a phat pandora battery ( i have a phat pandora battery)
    yes it uses composite output (i have that also)

7. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Not w/ the composite cable (three RCA jacks colored red, white (for audio) and yellow (that's the video)), you'd have to use FuSa. Don't worry the latest version of FuSa is ace.

I can't be bothered to look into your TV's inputs but check the back of it for component inputs, there would be 3 RCA video inputs colored blue, green and red; and two audio inputs that are red and white. If they aren't color coded they will likely be labeled Y(G), Pb(B) and PrÂ. If you're TV has those and you buy the component cable you will not need FuSa.

I mostly use FuSa and a component cable because I can be pretty much guaranteed it will work w/ any TV I attach it to... It is a portable after all and I do take it places. That and my TV has a horde of composite inputs and only two sets of component inputs which my Wii and PS2 occupy. I have a component cable and it does offer a better picture (composite is kinda smeary), but it's not enough of an improvement and FuSa is so good now I'm not really motivated enough to turn my TV around to swap cables w/ one of my other consoles when there is a perfectly accessible composite plug on the front.

8. 1stkirbyever
    OP

United States
    Yeah, my T.V. has the component inputs, the only issue is that, I do not have an HD recorder, and like I said before, the reason for buying this is so I can record gameplay. Thanks for your help anyway.
    Actually....now that I think about it, I have one more question; I'm pretty sure it doesn't but, does the PSP-200x have a mic?

9. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    You're right, it doesn't.

10. XXLANCEXX

Member XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ues your Phat PSP and create a pandora battery if you have custom firmware on the Phat PSP

11. MLRX

Member MLRX GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what can you do with the mic (other than skype) anyway?

12. 1stkirbyever
    OP

United States
    Okay, good. One last question; will the PSP-200x be able to stream without the use of FuSA if I use a S-Video cable? I don't mind running the FuSa plugin, but I'm just wondering.

13. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    No, only the component cable works w/ games w/o FuSa. If you get a cable w/ S-Video it is going to be attached to the composite cable.

14. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    @TC Yes the Daxter Bundle is 100% hack-able it comes with a 3.90 firmware (atleast thats what it had when my friend bought a brand new Daxter bundle), while on the other hand there is the famous God Of War Bundle, it comes with a 3.70 firmware (I have the GoW Edition).