Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's normal for your card to be renamed - don't delete anything it doesn't tell you to, and if there's anything in the list of downloads you don't have yet, download them. If you already have them you don't need to redownload them (as far as I'm aware the guide doesn't make you use two different versions of the same tool).

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now i'm sort of confused again thanks for the help so far btw. So yeah im looking at my backed up emunand and sysnand and they are two different sizes they both correlate with the nand sizes herehttps://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size but the fact that they're both different(i.e. one is toshiba nand size(emunand) and one is samsung nand(sysnand))... I'm on step 27 right now on part 4 of the guide

D

Deleted-379826

Now i'm sort of confused again thanks for the help so far btw. So yeah im looking at my backed up emunand and sysnand and they are two different sizes they both correlate with the nand sizes herehttps://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size but the fact that they're both different(i.e. one is toshiba nand size(emunand) and one is samsung nand(sysnand))... I'm on step 27 right now on part 4 of the guide
Doubt that should matter

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey just had a quick question on part 5 right now and step 19 of Section 1 and it says to 'Copy your emuNAND_original.bin backups from Section I to the root of your SD card.' Now I get dragging emuNAND_original.bin to the root of my sd card but what i dont get is why he uses the word backups i.e. plural when its a singular backup. Am I supposed to drag the other emunand backup as well i.e. 'emuNAND_formatted.bin?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just had a quick question on part 5 right now and step 19 of Section 1 and it says to 'Copy your emuNAND_original.bin backups from Section I to the root of your SD card.' Now I get dragging emuNAND_original.bin to the root of my sd card but what i dont get is why he uses the word backups i.e. plural when its a singular backup. Am I supposed to drag the other emunand backup as well i.e. 'emuNAND_formatted.bin?

Nope. Just the emuNAND_original.bin. Looks like a typo. Basically the emuNAND_formatted.bin is to be used in part 4, if your downgrade to 2.1 failed, so you could try again on that part//section of the guide.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Just the emuNAND_original.bin. Looks like a typo. Basically the emuNAND_formatted.bin is to be used in part 4, if your downgrade to 2.1 failed, so you could try again on that part//section of the guide.

I still have emuNAND_formatted.bin on my SD cards root and was just wondering if I need to delete it before I start Part 5? It never told me to delete so far in the guide.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have emuNAND_formatted.bin on my SD cards root and was just wondering if I need to delete it before I start Part 5? It never told me to delete so far in the guide.
It's no longer needed in part 5. So you can go ahead and get rid of it from your SD Card. I've personally kept it backup on my PC though, but don't think it's particularly important imo. I think the sysnand_original.bin and the sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin (will be made in part 5 of the guide) are far more important to keep backups of in other locations, as well as your console specific otp.bin.

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a black screen on sysNAND boot after installing arm9loaderhax and on the troubleshooting it says check that
  1. /luma/firmware.bin is the correct one for your console.
I'm not sure what I can use to check that it is the correct one though because nothing is given in the guide to check?

EDIT: Nevermind got it checked its correct

Last edited by Hitsuagaya,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a black screen on sysNAND boot after installing arm9loaderhax and on the troubleshooting it says check that
  1. /luma/firmware.bin is the correct one for your console.
I'm not sure what I can use to check that it is the correct one though because nothing is given in the guide to check?

You need to have downloaded the correct Luma3DS NTR firmware bin zip file for your console. At the top of the guide, under what you need, you'll see that the guide provides separate download links for Old 3DS and New 3DS.

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on troubleshooting steps for black screen on sysNAND boot after installing arm9loaderhax and on the troubleshooting it says delete config.bin from luma folder and I did now I'm on the luma3ds v5.4 configuration screen and idk what to do as the guides troubleshooting only goes as far as to say 'set your options when it boots'

EDIT: Again I jumped the gun and just realized i'm perfectly correct in what im doing right now sorry bout that guys

Last edited by Hitsuagaya,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on troubleshooting steps for black screen on sysNAND boot after installing arm9loaderhax and on the troubleshooting it says delete config.bin from luma folder and I did now I'm on the luma3ds v5.4 configuration screen and idk what to do as the guides troubleshooting only goes as far as to say 'set your options when it boots'

EDIT: Again I jumped the gun and just realized i'm perfectly correct in what im doing right now sorry bout that guys
Did you happen to leave the 2.1 rednand partition on the sd card? If so you have to check the option to auto boot sysnand or it will black screen at boot.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Should I delete the partition? If so, what is it called?
You should and tbh I thought the guide covered that part. Load up a partition manager program on your PC and see if the sd card has 2 partitions. You can leave it if you don't want to deal with backing up and restoring your sd card. You just have to make sure the autoboot sysnand option is checked in lumas settings

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should and tbh I thought the guide covered that part. Load up a partition manager program on your PC and see if the sd card has 2 partitions. You can leave it if you don't want to deal with backing up and restoring your sd card. You just have to make sure the autoboot sysnand option is checked in lumas settings

I just finished removing rednand from my sd card and didnt receive a starter.bin prompt is that alright? The guide says to ingore that prompt but i didnt even receive it.

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HELP GUYS. Was on finalizing setup of part 5 and had just made my sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin backup, moved it to the computer and deleted it from the sd card and now when i reboot my 3ds it flashes blue on the power light and then shuts off in less than a second the flash goes away!

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
HELP GUYS. Was on finalizing setup of part 5 and had just made my sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin backup, moved it to the computer and deleted it from the sd card and now when i reboot my 3ds it flashes blue on the power light and then shuts off in less than a second the flash goes away!

YOU DID WHAT!!!!!! You are so fucked, its like so bricked.

Put the arm9loaderhax.bin file from luma on the root of your sd card and you will be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: