Plailect/Guide - Part 4 Warning Text

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cots, May 13, 2016.

1. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

In Plailect's guide he warns you of;

"If you somehow get yourself stuck on 2.1.0, read all information on this page before attempting anything. It could save you from a brick!"

However, as far as I can tell from reading the guide you will be only flashing 2.1.0 to your RedNAND. So how could you get stuck on 2.1.0? If I'm making sense of this you could simply not boot into RedNAND and you're SysNAND would still be okay. The warning seems to apply if you somehow manage to downgrade your SysNAND to 2.1.0. Could someone clarify this.

Thanks!

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    No once you use otp helper to flash you emunand to sysnand with the one click setup, just make sure to follow the directions exactly and make sure you have a 9.2 NAND backup safe on your pc and you'll be fine

3. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Part 4. Section 2. Step 12. "RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)"

As such, once you have successfully done a downgrade from 11.0 to 2.1 on your emunand, your next steps are to use OTPHelper's "One Click Setup" to get 2.1 flashed onto your sysnand, this is why you were asked to make a sysnand backup of 9.2 and why you need it.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise, May 13, 2016
  4. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Oh, I see. Thanks!

5. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Well, 2DS and N3DS don't have a wireless switch. So if you don't have your wireless switch turned on when you downgrade to 2.1, you will be stuck on 2.1.

6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    No, taking the battery out switches it on.

hiten, justln, Igu and 1 other person like this.
  7. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    It does? Guess I'm a bit behind. Lol.

SomeGamer likes this.
  8. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Trying to Find My Way

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    This was discovered fairly recently. Pretty interesting oversight imho.