Homebrew PKSM/PKHex - Considered cheating?

Nitro987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey! This is probably under the wrong forum, but I put it here because PKSM is a homebrew app.

Anyways, I have my o3DS running cfw. I have had every Pokemon game since Crystal, and I just wanted to know if using either PKSM or PKHex is considered cheating within the Pokemon games.

I used PKHex to transfer my Pokemon from Platinum all the way to my copy of Y, and I was thinking I could transfer my Pokemon from Y to Moon using either PKSM or PKHex, but if I do this, would my Pokemon be considered 'cheated' or 'hacked'?

I recently got into breeding Pokemon and i've been studying types, teams, etc. and I just want to be as genuine as possible, as I want to get into competitive Pokemon in the near future. I don't really have the extra few euros to pay for Bank, which is why I choose to use homebrew.

Just to be clear, no Pokemon will be modified, not the names, date captured, PokeBalls, etc. Only a transfer.

Thanks!

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey! This is probably under the wrong forum, but I put it here because PKSM is a homebrew app.

Anyways, I have my o3DS running cfw. I have had every Pokemon game since Crystal, and I just wanted to know if using either PKSM or PKHex is considered cheating within the Pokemon games.

I used PKHex to transfer my Pokemon from Platinum all the way to my copy of Y, and I was thinking I could transfer my Pokemon from Y to Moon using either PKSM or PKHex, but if I do this, would my Pokemon be considered 'cheated' or 'hacked'?

I recently got into breeding Pokemon and i've been studying types, teams, etc. and I just want to be as genuine as possible, as I want to get into competitive Pokemon in the near future. I don't really have the extra few euros to pay for Bank, which is why I choose to use homebrew.

Just to be clear, no Pokemon will be modified, not the names, date captured, PokeBalls, etc. Only a transfer.

Thanks!

As I see it... It is cheating in some way
But you should be okay but then again I've never use Homebrew App for Pokemon but I have used Pkhex though

Last edited by NuikopeaDemon,

Nitro987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As I see it... It is cheating in some way
But you should be okay but then again I've never use Homebrew App for Pokemon but I have used Pkhex though

Does Pokemon Bank some how convert the Pokemon from X, Y to be compatible with for example, Sun and Moon?

And if they do, does PKSM/PKHex convert the Pokemon to be compatible? Or...?

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does Pokemon Bank some how convert the Pokemon from X, Y to be compatible with for example, Sun and Moon?

Well considering I've only started using bank recently I really have no information like that but I do know my Pokémon Y and Omega Ruby Transferred all good on my Pokémon Moon Game

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, that's the reason it exists..... And yes, PKHeX has been updated to handle the transfer the same way the official bank does (works with Gen 1 -Gen 7 as well). You can also use PKSM to do the same thing.

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OHMAGERDHACKURSSZNEEDTODIEKSKSKSKSKSYOURETHESCUMOFTHEEARTHUNEEDTUGETBANNDIMMEDIATELISNSKAJAKKSKSO
If you can't tell, it's a joke post based on Verlisify
Have you transferred them yet? I heard there are bugs when transferring Pokemon

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done more than a few transfers using PKHeX as well as the official bank, they both work just fine. When people were having issues, they were using compiled versions of PKHeX that were still in development. Works perfectly on my end. I normally transfer the pokemon from any gen 1-6 to gen 7 using two PKHeX windows, then create a QR code for the pokemon after it's transferred to Gen 7 and inject it with ScriesM Code Patches. Et viola! A perfectly wi-fi legal pokemon. (I know cause I WonderTrade like crazy). BTW Shiny Celebi and such can still be traded, the still haven't fixed it for whatever reason Lol

Nitro987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OHMAGERDHACKURSSZNEEDTODIEKSKSKSKSKSYOURETHESCUMOFTHEEARTHUNEEDTUGETBANNDIMMEDIATELISNSKAJAKKSKSO
If you can't tell, it's a joke post based on Verlisify
Have you transferred them yet? I heard there are bugs when transferring Pokemon
That guy really has a need to defend his Raichu/Whatever it was.

But no, I haven't. But from what Majickhat55 has said i'm sure I probably will either tomorrow or later on in the week.

then create a QR code for the pokemon after it's transferred to Gen 7 and inject it with ScriesM Code Patches
What exactly does this mean though? And why do I have to exactly do this step?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.