Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so i beat Gary Oak with a team of low 50s (50-53ish) and two 56s.
All thats left to do is re-battle gym leaders (which are mundane tasks...) and beat Ash Ketchum at the top of Mount Silver.
I'm to under leveled to challenge the new Elite Four and i don't have all the Gym Leader's numbers.
Suggestions?

PS: How do people beat Ash when your forced to bring your HM slaves (Pokemon that hold all those weak HM moves so your main party won't have to use them)

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For one thing, it's Red, not Ash. Two, just teach your HM slaves good moves. I had Feraligatr LV56, Ho-Oh LV70, Lugia LV57 and Golem LV50 as my mains. Golem is my HM slave, I just taught it Stone Edge. I put it out for Pikachu, Pikachu missed with Iron Tail twice, and I beat the crap out of his team.

Oh and the Lapras: TOXIC. Without it it is HELL. (P.S. I didn't have it.)
Snorlax: I bought about 20 Max Potions and 10 Full Restores and waited him out with Hail and occasionally an attack.

Hope this helps

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
u had a bit of luck with the pikachu but it doesnt happen to everyone
u probably need atleast 2 hm slaves in your party and a good idea is to teach them atleast 1 good move like Fishaman P said
what i did though is that i had to useless hm slaves and then 4 really strong pokemon to take on his team and it was hard but i managed to beat him

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
u had a bit of luck with the pikachu but it doesnt happen to everyone

lol, you act as if you can never soft-reset the game
rolleyes.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I only had 1 HM slave with me when I fought Red: Nidoking.
tongue.gif
He learns Surf and Rock Climb, and Waterfall (which is a good HM move) is on my Gyarados.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Level up your non-HM slaves and battle with them. If you're even remotely good then you shouldn't have a problem.

sa1amandra said:
Okay so i beat Gary Oak with a team of low 50s (50-53ish) and two 56s.
All thats left to do is re-battle gym leaders (which are mundane tasks...) and beat Ash Ketchum at the top of Mount Silver.
I'm to under leveled to challenge the new Elite Four and i don't have all the Gym Leader's numbers.
Suggestions?

PS: How do people beat Ash when your forced to bring your HM slaves (Pokemon that hold all those weak HM moves so your main party won't have to use them)

frown.JPG

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I believe every pokemon team should have atleast 1 or 2 pokemon with the move Toxic.
On an online battle, the opponent is smart enough to heal toxic before it gets out of hand.
On a computer opponent, its almost guaranteed victory assuming you have a few high defense pokemon.

D

Deleted User

LOL I forgot about HM's becuase I just used the Walkthrough walls code so I defeated him with a full strength team. 6 Arceus'.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or is no one actually answering his question? I recommend a little bit of EV training, like getting your Wall (if you have one) as many defense and sp. defense ev's as possible. No need to count, just judge by time and such.

As for leveling, I can't say much. Victory Road is a nice place to grind, though. Hard for some types...

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You want to level more quickly? I suggest you just use a exp multiplier cheat. It's not like you ruin any of the fun, in fact, you'll have more fun because you won't be spending hours on grinding.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't want to EXP cheat because i want to at least grind once legit (yes i cheated before).
My wall is my Umbreon, and i have NO CLUE how to EV train -.-;

My pokemon is 5x, victory road sucks for them

perpetualskeptic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nadrian's right about going to Serebii for EV training info (bulbapedia's not bad either), but I'll give you a few tips myself. Make sure you have (or have had) Pokerus, and get the attribute enhancing items from the battle frontier. Once you're at high enough level (i.e. have learned the moves you want), if you have a legit cart, you can do some leveling with the PokeWalker. Personally, I've traded my A-team to Platinum and am battling at the Trainer area near Stark Mountain. I can generally get half my team up a level each day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill