Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I recently modded my PSTV.

I have a modded Vita

My vita is fully loaded w/PSX, PSP, and PSVita games; is there anyway to transfer these games to the memory card instead of redownloading everything through PKGj installer?

I can not find where PKGj installer puts the games.

My next question is, if it is possible to just transfer from one memory card to the other, would retaining my Adrenaline custom bubbles be possible?

Any feedback would be great, this can save me a ton of time. Thank you.

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response.

I don't want to do that, mainly because getting this far w/my new memory card was a ridiculous amount of work, secound I have kids and just want an easy plug and play settop emulation box. Last, I had/have CrazyMacs Mega Retroarch, and on the Vita I never could sort out all of the kinks; on the PSTV I have it optimized. Same files, just the shuffle, and probably junk files somewhere from repeat installs....

If, I could have it my way (lol), I would drag and drop the required folders from one card to the other.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible! You can just move the SD... but...

The bubbles will rearrange when the database rebuilds (when you move it).

The username need to be the same (PSN user) if you want the saves.

Some ways around that!:
ReSaveData plugin decrypts the save data so you can use it on any account (decrypts as the game saves)
Database-Manager- a homebrew that allows you to save and load your bubble configuration.

id.dat will still need to be deleted every time you switch the card between devices if the sony account isn't the same.

I got around all of it by syncing save files between PSTV and Vita. I have ftp always on with the PSTV - I enter vitashell and start ftp on my vita. On my Android I hit sync - it gets all the most recent saves from all devices and then copy's the most recent save to every device.... and then backs that up to Google.

If you want any further explanation about anything I mentioned - I can go into further detail.

Last edited by Anderxale,
Reactions: Kinghenry8515

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no real easy plug and play method with the vita. that's why it failed so badly. sony made everything unnecessarily difficult to the point of the system being unplayable if being legit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the easiest way though without using a file manager or ftp is to select "unlink memory card" in henkaku settings. beyond that, there's no way to make it easier.

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible! You can just move the SD... but...

The bubbles will rearrange when the database rebuilds (when you move it).

The username need to be the same (PSN user) if you want the saves.

Some ways around that!:
ReSaveData plugin decrypts the save data so you can use it on any account (decrypts as the game saves)
Database-Manager- a homebrew that allows you to save and load your bubble configuration.

id.dat will still need to be deleted every time you switch the card between devices if the sony account isn't the same.

I got around all of it by syncing save files between PSTV and Vita. I have ftp always on with the PSTV - I enter vitashell and start ftp on my vita. On my Android I hit sync - it gets all the most recent saves from all devices and then copy's the most recent save to every device.... and then backs that up to Google.

If you want any further explanation about anything I mentioned - I can go into further detail.

Thank you! I may take you up on that offer. Same PSN, FTP is no problem, but I prefer just pulling out the SD card and transferring through PC to save time and avoid timeout errors.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTP is no problem, but I prefer just pulling out the SD card and transferring through PC

If you ever use a sync software make sure your time is set.

If you sync game save with other than vita Hardware (like RetroArch saves with pc or phone) there is an extra time issue... be aware that your vita saves the timestamp on files as GMT 0 and not your vita/pstv display time.

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever use a sync software make sure your time is set.

If you sync game save with other than vita Hardware (like RetroArch saves with pc or phone) there is an extra time issue... be aware that your vita saves the timestamp on files as GMT 0 and not your vita/pstv display time.

Thank you for your advice. I have no saves. I play mostly retro games and kind of start from wherever on new set-ups, sometimes it stings just a little, but it’s okay. Lol

Otherwise, my vita info should be the exact same. Both have time set up, and have the same mod. I really appreciate all the info, I’m learning a lot, the guides are really just surface level.

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vita games are installed in ux0:app/ in their respective game ID folder.

Unless you changed game location to another card:
The PSP games are in ux0:Pspemu/ISO/
The PSX games are in ux0:Pspemu/PSP/GAME/

Quick question, while waiting on files to transfer, I downloaded a few games from PKGj installer. All games that I run fine on my Vita with same Enso mod. They all give me an error on this PSTV, recommending I update software.

I have the latest Enso v2.0 (just re-ran install full package about 30 minutes ago), I also just deleted and reinstalled PKGj installer through vita deploy just now, checked the .sprx files, all good. Tai folders updated. FW spoofing is on set to 3.73. I can access PSN Store no problem. All seems fine??

However, I still get the error when trying to load any of the games? If your curious they are SF v Tekken, Tetris, and both Ratchet and Clank games.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, I still get the error when trying to load any of the games? If your curious they are SF v Tekken, Tetris, and both Ratchet and Clank games.

You're tai folder is all there, are the plugins enabled? Can I see your config?

If you go into pkgj and you are going to install a game, does it tell you that you are too low firmware?

And you have checked that NoNpDrm (drm bypass), 0syscall6 (firmware compatibility) and DolcePolce (PSTV blackist remove) or equivalents are installed correctly?

All of those listed games are blacklisted on PSTV and need a blacklist remove plugin.

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you go into pkgj and you are going to install a game, does it tell you that you are too low firmware?

And you have checked that NoNpDrm (drm bypass), 0syscall6 (firmware compatibility) and DolcePolce (PSTV blackist remove) or equivalents are installed correctly?

All of those listed games are blacklisted on PSTV and need a blacklist remove plugin.

I'm still transferring files, but it has to be the DolcePolce.sprx! Thank you, I have never heard of it (first PSTV), and I know I have not manually installed it. When my memory card is free I will check.

EDIT/UPDATE: Installed DolcePolce, and it did not work BUT that lead to more digging and Anti-Blacklist v2 fixed the problem!

Getting ready to see how the memory card file transfer worked out. I put it in after only copying over the apps folder and PKGj says the games are installed, they are the card, but no bubbles are displayed.

Last edited by Kinghenry8515,
Reactions: Anderxale

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All of those listed games are blacklisted on PSTV and need a blacklist rem

Okay, I have an update if you're interested. Thank you so much for your help, I would have been lost for days weeding through forums and outdated guides, links, ect. Really, I saved so much time....but here is how it went, a headache.

I confirmed all three files were installed. Learning about DolcePolce lead me to Ant-Blacklist which ultimitly did the trick and got my Vita games booting.

So I did the transfer of uxo: apps and uxo: pspemu (to get the PSX, PSP, PSVita games off my Vita) and it did not work. PKGj said the games were on the device, but no bubbles were displayed.

So then I tried the DataManagement tool to back up my bubble setup from the Vita, and transfer that back up to the TV. It was a disaster. When my Vita rebooted EVERY bubble was displayed individually. Also, none of them work, every game displayed a message stating something along the lines of 'please install game.' (I have at least 200 bubbles, way too many to delete individually, or restructure).

So from here I formatted the mem card through Vita system settings. I ran Henkaku again to get Vita Deploy back on the official memory card. From here I did a fresh install.

Here is the funny part, I noticed a few bubbles had hung around through the format, only like 7 or so, they did not work so I deleted them and prayed I was not about to run into more problems.

I went for it, and copied ONLY my PSVitas ux0: pspemu (I figured I would create bubbles on my own, but at least I would not have to redownload the games) to my PSTV SD2Vita, and when I put it in, ALL my games displayed, PSX, PSP, PSVITA and they retained their folder structure from my Vita! Incredible.

Your info helped so much, and really showed me where to dig while trying to get this all sorted. Thank you so much again! I may mess with some themes. I loaded some images for you to see how many bubbles I have, too many, but it will also show why this was SO HELPFUL.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 81
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad it worked!

I have a lot of Vitas and a few active PSTVs and I just straight copy the entire contents of my cards to new cards and use them.

I don't use the Database-Manager homebrew... but I heard of it's success. Looks like it was a scary time that worked out well!

Thanks for mentioning there is a newer antiblacklist, maybe I'll move on from DolcePolce.

Cheers!

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad it worked!

I have a lot of Vitas and a few active PSTVs and I just straight copy the entire contents of my cards to new cards and use them.

I don't use the Database-Manager homebrew... but I heard of it's success. Looks like it was a scary time that worked out well!

Thanks for mentioning there is a newer antiblacklist, maybe I'll move on from DolcePolce.

Cheers!
Ooops, sorry if there is any confusion antiblacklist v1.2 (v2 on the install menu) or perhaps you have any older version!

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is kind of out of scope now that you are done... but maybe if anyone else finds this thread.

I mentioned where the games are - that's a fresh install of you copy those other places and it needs a database rebuild (and needs RetroArch playlists, and adrenaline bubbles, etc).

There are relevant "installed" folders also for Vita games in app-meta/, license/app/, and possibly more.

I thought you were copying all content from one card to another - my apologies for any confusion. Missing installed data may be why the bubbles didn't work at first without a "database rebuild”.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...