Pizza Delivery Driver Calls Cops On Marijuana Smoker

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to explain why smoking weed automatically equates to neglecting your child?

Did I say that? I am saying the guy should have waited until after the Pizza Guy delivered his pizza to "take his medicine." He could have avoided the suspicion.
Well, actually if the pizza guy wanted to be more responsible he would have asked why he was smoking weed in front of a minor, then the father could have showed him his card and all of this probably could have been avoided.

Except some would see that as being far out of line for the pizza guy. Honestly, I think that calling the cops would be more acceptable than trying to pry into a customers personal life.

Simply put this is a moral issue, and it is not an issue of whether cannabis is "good" or "bad".

I was more the fact this guy was doing it in the house with his kid.

The pizza delivery driver disagreed with the way this guy raises his children.

It's no different from people who smoke cigarettes in front of their children and drink booz all night. People also raise their children believing all kinds nonsense(religion) and maybe you disagree or disagree with homosexuals raising children.

Calling the cops to be honest, is more prying into someone personal life than it is to ask a simple question, but why ask the question if you're not going to agree anyways

however i do agree this guy should probably not be such a knucklehead and took it outside...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling the cops to be honest, is more prying into someone personal life than it is to ask a simple question, but why ask the question if you're not going to agree anyways

I work in a large nationwide retail chain. One day I had a customer approach me while I was working in electronics and say that there was a couple a few aisles down from me that seemed incredibly plastered. Rather than me go down and check it out myself, I stayed at the electronics desk and called the manager, told him a customer complained that there was a problem situation down that aisle, and asked if he could check it out. If I went to go check it out myself, I probably would have gotten reprimanded for overstepping my boundaries, especially since there is nothing I can do. I can't kick them out of the store.

This pizza guy couldn't do anything either if the guy didn't or couldn't prove he had it for "legal" reasons (though, as stated, the requirements for getting a medical marijuana card is a joke). He couldn't get his boss to come, so he called the police because he was concerned about the well-being of another individual. Granted, I don't do any type of drugs, smoke, or drink, but if I did, and some pizza guy asked me "hey, why are you drinking/smoking pot? thats not a good idea around kids. can I see some kind of license to prove you're allowed to do that in your own home?"

I would have told that guy to go suck a fat one and most likely called corporate and filed a BBB complaint about the delivery guy because it is none of his business to question what I am doing in my own home. Morally acceptable or not; harmful or not; marijuana IS illegal (edit: unless, of course, you have a MM card). Since this pizza guy is not the vendor for medical marijuana he has zero right to be ASKING for I.D. or a license to prove that his customer is allowed to be doing it. Law enforcement, on the other hand, does.

Long story short, I think that the pizza guy is completely within his right to have called the police to check out a potentially hazardous situation, and it would have been wrong for him to question the man himself. Honestly, if the man couldn't prove he was within legal rights to smoke it, what could the pizza guy have done? Arrested him? Refused to give the guy his pizza? No, he doesn't have the ability to, and no because he would likely get in trouble for doing so. He would have called the police. Which he did anyway.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Smoking weed doesn't automatically make you a negligent parent, so him saying he was worried for the child's welfare is a huge over-reaction. As for saying he did the right thing thing because weed is illegal does that mean everyone here agrees that we should be contacting the authorities on each other because we pirate stuff? No, that would be an over-reaction. Or what about Sony and geohotz? Does everyone here support Son'y stance against geohotz? After all, geohotz was breaking the law. No, again, that would be an over-reaction. The pizza guy over-reacted, he had no need to call the cops because he feared for the child's welfare. If he was calling the cops simply because it was illegal then that's fair enough, he's an idiot but he was following the law, but to claim the child's welfare was at risk is just plain wrong.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smoking weed doesn't automatically make you a negligent parent, so him saying he was worried for the child's welfare is a huge over-reaction. As for saying he did the right thing thing because weed is illegal does that mean everyone here agrees that we should be contacting the authorities on each other because we pirate stuff? No, that would be an over-reaction. Or what about Sony and geohotz? Does everyone here support Son'y stance against geohotz? After all, geohotz was breaking the law. No, again, that would be an over-reaction. The pizza guy over-reacted, he had no need to call the cops because he feared for the child's welfare. If he was calling the cops simply because it was illegal then that's fair enough, he's an idiot but he was following the law, but to claim the child's welfare was at risk is just plain wrong.

I believe he called the cops and got embarrassed when he found out the man was legally allowed to smoke weed, so he brought up the child. And by fearing for the child, I believe he was talking about smoke inhalation, not a negligent parent. Just saying, IF I was gonna call the cops (which I wouldn't since I couldn't care less what they do in their own house) I would do that and not confront them. What if I said, "So, what are you doing smoking in front of a minor?", then he explodes on me I would freak out. lol

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I work in a large nationwide retail chain. One day I had a customer approach me while I was working in electronics and say that there was a couple a few aisles down from me that seemed incredibly plastered. Rather than me go down and check it out myself, I stayed at the electronics desk and called the manager, told him a customer complained that there was a problem situation down that aisle, and asked if he could check it out. If I went to go check it out myself, I probably would have gotten reprimanded for overstepping my boundaries, especially since there is nothing I can do. I can't kick them out of the store.

This pizza guy couldn't do anything either if the guy didn't or couldn't prove he had it for "legal" reasons (though, as stated, the requirements for getting a medical marijuana card is a joke). He couldn't get his boss to come, so he called the police because he was concerned about the well-being of another individual. Granted, I don't do any type of drugs, smoke, or drink, but if I did, and some pizza guy asked me "hey, why are you drinking/smoking pot? thats not a good idea around kids. can I see some kind of license to prove you're allowed to do that in your own home?"

I would have told that guy to go suck a fat one and most likely called corporate and filed a BBB complaint about the delivery guy because it is none of his business to question what I am doing in my own home. Morally acceptable or not; harmful or not; marijuana IS illegal (edit: unless, of course, you have a MM card). Since this pizza guy is not the vendor for medical marijuana he has zero right to be ASKING for I.D. or a license to prove that his customer is allowed to be doing it. Law enforcement, on the other hand, does.

Long story short, I think that the pizza guy is completely within his right to have called the police to check out a potentially hazardous situation, and it would have been wrong for him to question the man himself. Honestly, if the man couldn't prove he was within legal rights to smoke it, what could the pizza guy have done? Arrested him? Refused to give the guy his pizza? No, he doesn't have the ability to, and no because he would likely get in trouble for doing so. He would have called the police. Which he did anyway.
being as you would say "plastered", i prefer "loaded" but anyways, in a retail store is completely different from what an American can do in their own homes.

You're right he couldn't do anything, but he also has no moral obligation to anyone to do anything for but his own ego. Regardless of if he has license to prove he is allowed to have it, it is not the pizza guys discretion whether or not he is.

Yeah, be pissed that someone asked you a question, but not the fact that the FUCKING PIZZA GUY called the cops on you? That's asinine. Send the cops to me and ill show them my license tell them to suck a fat one then hit up the BBB and try to get this fool fired. That's exactly what he did too! Im sure the company wasnt too happy about it either.

again, it's non of the pizza guys business whether the resident is legal or not. He has no legal reason to ask for evidence of legality.

and please remember that the requirements to get medical cannabis is different in every state that has legalized cannabis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo