Pirating?

BMatt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad is worried that downloading real Nintendo DS games, like Rocket Slime or Pokemon, is pirating. I'm pretty sure it is, but my brother wants me to check.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hah. Yes it is, It's illegal, if you dont want potential consequences don't do it. Plus those games are good, help out the developers.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Don't do it, the FBI will come after you.

Trust me I'm a supervisor
smileipb2.png

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
It's illegal. The FBI will shut down your whole fucking family. DO NOT DO IT!
First legitimate "lol" I've had on Temp in awhile.

Tell your brother that the swat team broke into my house and lit up all of my pets.
smileipb2.png

BMatt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cupajoe said:
War said:
It's illegal. The FBI will shut down your whole fucking family. DO NOT DO IT!
First legitimate "lol" I've had on Temp in awhile.

Tell your brother that the swat team broke into my house and lit up all of my pets.
smileipb2.png
llol (legitimate lol?)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow good thing you found out fast enough. yes piracy is completely illegal and a horrible horrible thing to do to the people that worked so hard to make games. If the FBI do come to your house because of piracy, you can rest assured that you will not only be in trouble that you dearly wish you weren't involved in you will also probably be fined a great deal of money. It's just not worth it, piracy is horrible and the risks behind it are so great and unbearable it's almost as if you are a criminal when you constantly break the law that many times to download things illegally. I mean come one, even Dice, one of our staff members here came in this thread and told you how bad it was. I mean yes, some people obviously over exagerated when they are like "lol the SWAT Team came to my house" but you understand the point that there is grave and horrible consequences if government officials do indeed become aware of the fact that people are routinely breaking the law in your household. No the SWAT team will not come to your house but if the FBI does I can guarantee you that you will be crying about why you did it in the first place. It will be pretty bad, trust me. Do your parents know how bad it is? I am guessing not obviously, show them this thread if you are really going to keep breaking the law even after one of the staff members here told you how bad it was. Are you really still going to keep it up? I mean honestly, are you?

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes dont be a pirate, not good. we here at gbatemp dont pirate, hence the rules about no illegal roms.
yaynds.gif
Just support and buy games for me i mean the developers so they make more games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped