superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well. Since i began pirating games i began playing my games less and less.
I mean with my DS i played LOZ:PH but just becourse i got stuck in it i did throw it out of my flashcard. I mean i fell like im throwing away good games just becourse they was free anyway?
I mean have a LOT of great games for my Wii and my PC. I dont play my Wii games very often and on PC its like i dont want to play.

And do funny thing is that the games i bought is acturally the ones ive played most even throgh some of them was crappy compeared to the nice games i got from torrents, etc.

But why do i fell like this? Is it somekind of antiprivacy inside me (Rofl i dont think so xD)? Or is it just becourse i got so many games i cant really play any?

Does anyone fell like this too?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
Yarr, ye got the pirates' blues.
Haha xD Maybe youre right
ph34r.gif

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i agree w/ you man.

Almost all of the games i bought for my ds... I have played over 5 hours of each (most of them i beat it). I think if you spend money on it, you feel inclined to play it or you just wasted your money. With pirating since it is free you don't feel inclined to play the video games (even if they are good games).

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Unchi-san said:
i agree w/ you man.

Almost all of the games i bought for my ds... I have played over 5 hours of each (most of them i beat it). I think if you spend money on it, you feel inclined to play it or you just wasted your money. With pirating since it is free you don't feel inclined to play the video games (even if they are good games).
Yea.. i was kinda thinking that too... its just weird.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought the same thing,
Really I did when I was a broke you'd really play that one game you bought. Then pirating came and your like downloading everything and playing something till something better comes out. But if you have cash it is essentially the same. I don't have a modded Wii so I bought like 40 games and have gone through the same trend as if I pirated them. Oh boy No More Heroes, plays for a few days, Oh boy Mario Kart, plays for a few days, then the Wii has a lot of cheap games, so I'm often getting intererupted with bigger games to play bargain games like Ghost Recon. Bottom line, if you have cash and buy shit loads of games its just like pirating except your broker.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if there's an economic model to explain this...?

Since in theory you are getting consumer surplus by paying lower than market price, you should be better off than those buying legit games.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It's called stop downloading, don't read the release threads for a few months and stick with what's already in your library.

You will put more play time into games you've actually brought because you want to get your money's worth out of it. If it's one you've chosen to buy then it's obvious you'd put the time in. But even when a game's a surprise gift, you appreciate it more than a downloaded game because an actual cartridge stands out and will get your attention a lot more than a name in a file list.

CaptainDreadful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way!
I play my Wii and DSLite all the time. If I'm not at home, I'm usually on the DS and at home I'm on Wii. More games, equal more choices!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i call it obesity pirate syndrome lol where someone downloads everything even if they won't play it or overloads their flashcart with 8gb worth of games and plays none of them, the same for Wii games too

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
It's called stop downloading, don't read the release threads for a few months and stick with what's already in your library.

You will put more play time into games you've actually brought because you want to get your money's worth out of it. If it's one you've chosen to buy then it's obvious you'd put the time in. But even when a game's a surprise gift, you appreciate it more than a downloaded game because an actual cartridge stands out and will get your attention a lot more than a name in a file list.

Yeah, I keep up with those, but I refuse to change any of the games on my flashcards until I've finished them. It's really tough though.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definitely, there so many games to play and I don't know where to start so in the end I just choose not to play at all.

This the real curse of the Black Pearl.
smile.gif

(lame joke, sorry)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lol. The only things I ever pirated in my life were movies, warcraft 3, GBA and DS games. Other than that, I never pirated anything else. I bought everything else I have.

P.S: LOL feds4u. Your new avatar is hilarious. I'm serious.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I do the exact same thing.
I've not really beat a game in months.

What I'm going to do is empty out my flashcart one day and kepp a maximum of two games on it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1