Pirating spoils gaming fun?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes if you pirate your games you can't go all rage like "ARRRRGG I PAID 60BUCKS FOR THIS I NEED TO FINISH THIS BEFORE SUNSETS!!"
I'm not sure why but I can't keep my interest up on some game for long time anymore. EVen if I actually bought the game.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
It's a very common pirate syndrome. What I did was completely format my microSD and kept only one game on it.
Still not the same as buying one, though ...

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I've got the pirate blues for a while now, I almost stopped playing games completely, especially NDS. I still keep a few good PC games, but that's it. The only reason I'm still active here is because the community is so fun and nice.
wub.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a knack for passing games quickly, you could always just rent 'em...

In fact, Blockbuster has a thingy called the Gamer's Pass (or some lame name like that), which is actually pretty neat. 20 bucks a month for endless game rentals on all systems. Walk in, take out a game, return it whenever you want, take out another one... UNLIMITED TIMES TO INFINITY AND BEYOND. It's actually a pretty sweet deal for those of us that have unmodded hardware.
Thumbs_Up_by_grayseer_thanquol.png

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simple human nature.

We don't like to admit it, but the truth rarely cares for what we think of it. People simply don't appreciate anything they didn't need to do anything for.

As a kid I never took care of my bike. I didn't have to, I didn't pay for it.

People on welfare are often very casual about their possessions. You might be offended by that, but the truth isn't interested in your feelings about it.

I picked strawberries for a looooong time one summer (In my youth) because I had a great need for a very expensive model and no way to afford it. I consider it my most favourite model decades later.

But you can also just have too damn much of something, and the day is finite, and you might find yourself simply lacking dedication due to over saturation of choices. I've got plenty of legit bought wargames, and the day simply isn't long enough
smile.gif

you find it just as hard even when you buy things honestly too.

I buy books faster than I can read them. But it feels fun buying them and telling yourself "oh I will get to them eventually".

The problem with games, is if you don't buy them when they are on sale, you risk missing out getting a copy when you could.

How many of your downloads are games you might have bought, if you actually could?

Also, how many games do you wish you could still play, but the evolution of the playing system/console evolved to a point you can no longer readily play the game?
smile.gif

I've actually upgraded my PC to the point I can sometimes no longer play games easily without a lot of hurdles/quickfixes.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of the points I could've made about cost or quantity have been made already...

I suffer from the same thing. I had downloaded The World Ends With You and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, and while it took a while to get to playing either game, I actually stuck with them both and did not play anything else until I had beaten them. Rare anymore...I think if anything, it's just an overload of new games, so I'm overwhelmed to play anything through. Hell, there are even games I downloaded for the DS that I haven't even tried, years old even!

Masta_mind257

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually realised i have the same problem I barely played my ds once i started pirating, maybe i played a bit during the 1st rush now it became less and less, plus my Wii's beocme like this as well, it sits there with good games lying around; Mario Kart Wii, Zelda, No More Heroes, Mario Galaxy. I play Smash Bros. occasionally.
frown.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Pirating made me do such a nasty thing that I regretted.

My DSTT didn't die. I MURDERED IT!

I did a little "experiment" with the cart by making it look like the R4. The R4 doesn't have the plastic things on the contacts while the TT does. So I tore it apart and I literally cut and scraped the contacts. The result is FUGLY. When I popped it in the DS, it worked. Hours later, I took it out of the cart to put more games. I don't know what made me do this: I tore it apart for the second time, CUT THE BOARD IN HALF WITH SHEARS and crushed the cart into bitesized pieces. Voila DSTT murdered.

But I bought a new one for £15. Wouldn't kill it anymore. But downloading all the games (yes, all ROMs, don't ask me where I got them or make me e-mail them to you!!!) made me feel spoilt. If I die in a game, I replace it with another ROM. Now I don't feel like playing CoD4...

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah I agree, it overwhelms the gamer with games thus making him not want to play anything any more. I have a lot of hardware that I don't even use any more mainly due to this I guess. When I was a kid we only had like 16 games for the coleco, that seemed to be sufficient. I even never was going out of my way looking for more titles at yard sales or anything lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0