Hacking Piracy or Homebrew

If you can only have one without the other, which would you choose?

• Piracy

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Hombrew

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just curious, and wanted to ask. If there was a way to run 3DS backups, and only 3DS backups, no unsigned code at all. Would you rather have that? Or, if there was a way to run unsigned code on the 3DS with full hardware unlocked, but with no way to run 3DS backups at all. Would you rather have that one? Please be honest people.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crazy-S said:
I don´t like the word Piracy, because few of us want to have all the legal bought Games on one Cardridge and thats named BACKUPS and not Piracy...

Corrected.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
you should change piracy to backup games or whatever... because some people just like to have a copy of the game incase the cartridge fails or breaks...

correted, as myself i like to do piracy, to test the games to see if i'll like them, if i like them, i'll try to buy them... and to get these ones that didnt get to my country or whatever... or just because im low on money xD

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy-S said:
I don´t like the word Piracy, because some of us want to have all the legal bought Games on one Cardridge and thats named BACKUPS and not Piracy...

Without homebrew, you would most likey not be able to make your own backups and would need to download them from some ROM site that gets them from some scene group with a hardware based dumper like this.

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
confirm you will never make a 3ds rom not in this lifetime get over it you aint hackers you try to talk 3ds stuff its all spam talk get over it and rent games come to house for 15$ a month keep them as long as you want.im buying my games bye

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
confirm you will never make a 3ds rom not in this lifetime get over it you aint hackers you try to talk 3ds stuff its all spam talk get over it and rent games come to house for 15$ a month keep them as long as you want.im buying my games bye

ok

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
actually, i talk about NDS, not about 3DS, the 1st games and most likely the big hits on the console i'll purchase them, but these as the DS, some of the biggest titles of nds.. didnt make it to my country... i never saw TWEWY for sale!! on my country!!

so yeah, i'll buy 3ds games whenever i have the cash to do it!

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KazoWAR said:
Crazy-S said:
I don´t like the word Piracy, because some of us want to have all the legal bought Games on one Cardridge and thats named BACKUPS and not Piracy...

Without homebrew, you would most likey not be able to make your own backups and would need to download them from some ROM site that gets them from some scene group with a hardware based dumper like this.

There are less hacky dumpers, like this one SMS4 which anyone can buy.

Anyway, it is a good point. On PSP, for example, game dumping is only possible thanks to homebrew. Since there isn't a UMD reader available elsewhere.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of course when most people say they bought a flashcart for homebrew (and not piracy) they usually mean they use a homebrew media player for their pirated music and videos and homebrew emulators for their pirated ROMs.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew is nice, but the answer will always be piracy/backups. Very very few people would prefer it otherwise, and that's the truth.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Considering I'm trying to cut down on my piracy, I chose Homebrew, especially with it all unlocked. The possibilities are (almost) endless!

Gengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew.. Ah. That thing where you port crappy flashgames that nobody wants to play on the DS.
No thank you. (Seriously, was there anything of relevance on the DS? DSOrganize wasn't good and Moonshell neither. Converting videos for 3 hours with a crappy codec isn't fun.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-