Homebrew PinBox - Desktop remote streaming

namkazt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
1: How is the speed and input lag on this compared to using Steam's built-in streaming feature? My desktop PC is in a place where I can't use it very easily, and I've been having to stream games to a laptop to be able to play them. It would be very easy and rather convenient if I can play them on the 3DS instead. Fallout 4 has a few minor instances of slowdown and graphical hiccups when streaming. (Not that I'd be playing FO4 specifically, I'm just using it as an example.)
Currently server are not being optimized as much as Homebrew on 3ds. i'm working on UI improvement and will focus on server after that. There is some upcoming feature that help you to reduce input lag when play game.

2: You have it set up where the bottom screen goes blank and says "Touch Screen to Wake Up". Is that for battery-saving purposes, or just for a cleaner user experience? Would it save much battery power to just turn off the bottom screen unless it's tapped?
It's for reduce draw call > insert performance ( a bit ) and also help to focus on top screen

3: VERY minor question, but would it be possible to set up spots on the bottom screen as additional buttons, as a future addition? One of my favorite games happens to actually use too many buttons than you can map on a 360 controller. With a bit of compromising, you can reduce how many buttons you need, but you still end up with one button too many. (The game in question is Distorted Travesty. You need buttons for movement, jump, attack, physical attack, elemental attack, cycling through physical specials, cycling through elemental specials, pausing, Rave Mode [temporary invincibility and attack boost], etc. Works great on keyboard, not so much on an actual controller.)
I was discussed about this on Discord. this will come with UI major update.

D

Deleted User

I'm getting system errors when starting up the program, such as "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found."

D

Deleted User

I hope this works with Gopher 360 so I can also use my 3ds as a mouse for the desktop. I think it should. Gonna test it out soon.

pix31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
help when i installed it i gave me much DLLs are missing (4) and when i installed the dll and reopened it says the application failed to start correctly

Reactions: Deleted User

pix31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Try installing both of these. It helped me.
thanks for replying i'll try it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks for replying i'll try it!
by the way ik this is off topic but i have homebrew launcher on 3ds 11.8 using steelminer and i want to get cfw for free without r4 is it possible?

it still giving me the eroor "the application failed to start correctly"

Reactions: Deleted User

DorianHyde92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious if I'd be at all possible to use the 3ds wifi card to connect to your PC,instead of relying on a router for communication between the pc and the 3ds

also my screen is showing up rotated on my 3ds,when its properly aligned on my pc

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still being worked on, or is the current version going to be the "final" one? I've been waiting for a while to download this because I've always had a really difficult time getting these kinds of things set up properly (college campus wifi can be a pain to work around for all sorts of reasons) and I wanted to just deal with getting it working once rather than repeatedly. I'm starting to think more about setting this up lately because my class schedule is giving me some odd-length breaks between classes. (Too long to want to hang around campus, but not long enough to head to/from my dorm building and still have a decent length of time to do anything)

I just got around to setting up the new version of TTW (Fallout mod combining New Vegas and FO3), and it would be absolutely awesome to play this on my 3DS via streaming. If I can easily get it working on my 3DS with this, it would be a nice thing to have during my down-time.

Speaking of which, would it feasible to have the option to map mouse movement to the 3DS camera or gyroscope so that we can aim in FPS games just like as if we were lining up a shot in Ocarina or Majora's Mask? I'm not any good at aiming with a controller, but I can manage pretty well using the motion-controls for that.

Mikitok

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
why I need this?
  • Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 (contains the missing device drivers) : Link

• Install the Virtural Gamepad Emulation Framework : Link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)